Leopardstown On Sunday

Guest_

At the Start
1000 Guineas Trial

14 entered including the likes of Campfire Glow, Caribbean Sunset, Halfway To Heaven, Psalm, Saoirse Abu

2000 Guineas Trial

12 entered including the likes Famous Name, Lisvale and some Ballydoyle entries.

1m2f Conditions Race

Camponologist, Washington Irving, The Bogberry, Unwritten Rule…

Any idea what the ground will be like Gal?
I wasn't sure given the conditions that the early races last weekend were at all informative

It is heavy today. They had huge rainfalls there on Sunday and Monday and it is expected to turn wintry by the weekend.

Thanks both of you.
I'm not betting on anything at the weekend GN included til the weather/going is clearer

Originally posted by Galileo@Apr 1 2008, 12:07 PM
1000 Guineas Trial

14 entered including the likes of Campfire Glow, Caribbean Sunset, Halfway To Heaven, Psalm, Saoirse Abu

2000 Guineas Trial

12 entered including the likes Famous Name, Lisvale and some Ballydoyle entries.

1m2f Conditions Race

Camponologist, Washington Irving, The Bogberry, Unwritten Rule…
Should be an informative days racing.

Hopefully Psalm lines up in the trial, was quite taken by her debut, when given what might be politely called an "easy time of it" and hopefully Washington Irving is on show. Interesting to see how many of the Ballydoyle colts line up in their trial, I have a feeling AOB could run a few. Roll on Sunday!

Originally posted by Galileo@Apr 1 2008, 02:03 PM
The form of the Psalm maiden is pretty interesting alright!
With Levey's concession I think she gave Kitty Matcham near enough a stone before the aforementioned went on and won the Rockfel, granted it wasn't the strongest renewal, nevertheless the form of the maiden reads well imo

Usually one of the most informative meetings of the year. Is there a 3yr old maiden race missing off the card ? It will be interesting to see how billyford goes. He cost only 7k and is rated 103. He won well the last time but looks like he wants it fast he's the proverbial daisy cutter.

Used to pick up a couple for the Irish Derby in that race, I think scorpion and roosevelt had educatioals in it.

Sail didn't have a clue what she was supposed to do there. Beach Bunny is a winner for High Chaparral though, which is nice!

Position of the stablemate suggests so too. Not sure what to make of Saoirse Abu. I suppose she ran ok under a 3lb penalty on her debut. The winner is interesting. Breaking her maiden on her 6th run, but her third in the Fillies Million - also her only run on decent ground - was interesting as she was the only one in the first six home who was able to come off the pace.

Saoire Abu hardly had a campaign that suggested she would do well as a 3 year old. Ran the race I expected.

Famous Name is being strongly supported in the 2000 Guineas. Everything else is weak enough....have had a small bet on Great Rumpuscat simply because I liked him as a 2 year old but even now he looks very weak in the market.

Think you were saved a few quid there Gal. Very straightforward for Famous Name.

Haven't looked at the times yet, but just how soft is the ground there? They're not exactly kicking much up?

What happened there - just saw GM go to 1000 on BF in running?

Looked like it must have been a very easy win for Famous Name - won fto on Soft of course

Greek Mythology dropped out very quickly Headstrong. Nothing obviously wrong, just emptied/blew up and faded.

Back