Leopardstown On Sunday

Obviously taking the view that it gives the Killavullen a big boost but says little about the National Stakes.

No idea who won that but Weld is having a hell of a day.

Washington Irving already looks like he wants 12f.

WI given alot to do and was not knocked around. Dangerous to rule out a Ballydoyle horse after its first run (they tend to improve these days with racing) but hardly a run that would make you take the prices around earlier.

Think Johnny thought he had it won, watch final 100yds, sticks comes down and urging eases,

Funny angle at Leopardstown, no Derby winner though. Think Ibn Khaldun and Twice Over will sleep easy tonight.

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Apr 6 2008, 04:59 PM
Funny angle at Leopardstown, no Derby winner though. Think Ibn Khaldun and Twice Over will sleep easy tonight.
Correct about the funny angle...

Ibn Khaldun won't get the Derby trip (nothing in his pedigree suggests he will) while Twice Over has doubts on that regard as well. Oh how I love this time of year!!

Only time will tell, but end of the day;

My dad used to run 100m for his county when he was a junior, i ran nationally at cross country.

Genes don't mean everything !!!!!!

Very impressed with Famous Name, especially considering Weld said he was 15lbs off his ideal weight. Given a bit of cut in the ground, he will be difficult to beat in the Irish 2,000 Guineas.

Saoirse Abu is entitled to come on for the run but she looked very one paced again today. Should be suited by a step up in trip and more use being made of her but hardly up to winning a Classic.

Washington Iriving was given a pretty easy time of it alright but the proximity of Houston Dynamo says a lot about how much improvement he has to make. I still think Alessandro Volta is the one.

Loved Carribean sunset, big strong filly, looked the pick of the paddock, i will take that form at face value. The famous name race was a bit of a non event as far as telling us anything goes. Washington looked like he could be a Derby/leger horse. I don't think 1m2f suits him but I wouldn't write him off for the Derby. In the maiden race I liked halfords horse, she had a nice easy time of it, one to watch.

Back