Leopardstown Sunday

2010 – Citizen Vic beat Weapons Amnesty
2009 – Cooldine beat Forpadytheplasterer
2008 – J’y Vole beat Big Zeb

Is it always a bad race? Florida Pearl beat Boss Doyle and Hill Society.
I think the field Nick Dundee beat was good.
Native Upmanship beat Alex Banquet and Commanche Court
Harbour Pilot beat Truckers Tavern and YNWA
Pizarro beat Mossy Green, Hi Cloy and Xenophon
J'y Vole beat Big Zeb, Sky's the Limit and Notre Pere
And like you say Citizen Vic and Weapon's Amnesty were up to snuff.

A few lean years, but a good race and well worth the G1 standard usually.

At 8/13 in the Bord na Mona over Christmas.

Me too! Very poor run for our money -

In relation to this always being a genuine G1 - bar a couple of decent renewals it has been piss poor for G1 novice and could have been farmed by Uk horses over the years.

Sackville 01 - he was long odds on!!!
Barrow Drivew 03 - very very average.
Carrigeen Victor 05 - again poor enough
The Railway Man 06 - definitely no world beater.
Mister Top Notch 07 - reasonable
Citizen Vic 10 - as above.

Thats 60% of winners never mind runners over the last 10 years!!

I hope you are over estimating how slow Magnanimity is!!:whistle:

Me too! Very poor run for our money -

In relation to this always being a genuine G1 - bar a couple of decent renewals it has been piss poor for G1 novice and could have been farmed by Uk horses over the years.

Sackville 01 - he was long odds on!!!
Barrow Drivew 03 - very very average.
Carrigeen Victor 05 - again poor enough
The Railway Man 06 - definitely no world beater.
Mister Top Notch 07 - reasonable
Citizen Vic 10 - as above.

Thats 60% of winners never mind runners over the last 10 years!!

I hope you are over estimating how slow Magnanimity is!!:whistle:

Why did you include Citizen Vic in that considering he never got a chance to prove himself - whats more he beat the subsequent RSA chase winner that year. Most novice chases will have bad renewals - Moriarty Chase is no different.

Regarding the comments on Mullins - he told us on Sunday Cotrelsbooley was going to run in this race - in his RP column.

Had a good one today and was considering taking on the market and going 8/11 a place Pride of Dulcote.

I am not a layer but if I was....Wouldn't put you off - he has miles to find on official ratings and several who could easily chin him - hes not even favourite in my book. I am considering a few quid on China Rock - leads on officicial ratings ( might be slighly bloated due to his proximity to KS the last day) is at least open to the same or more improvement as any of these and is reported to be best fresh. Mouse Morris has been talking him up quietly all week - is saying he wouldnt be without his chance in the GC which is his only Cheltenham entry. The ground may not be his biggest issue as he has rarely raced on ground that is going to be this deep but loose. There are worse 14/1 shots out there.

For me Pride of Dulcote has a lot to prove at Grade 1 level.He won a graduation chase last time against an opponent who hasn't done anything in 12 months.With The Listener likely to set a good pace for the conditions there will be no hiding place for him.

Its been drizzling the whole day in Leopardstown and it looks like it will keep up. I think with the amount of rain that has fallen, it is seriously in doubt.

My best bets tomorrow are Cool Quest, second Blazing Tempo last year, and Champagne Native in the bumper as he wasn't given the greatest ride the last day.

This is from another racing site
From Twitter:
Quote:

Source close to track management puts chance of racing tomorrow at Leopardstown at about 10%. Nicky Richards group cancel travel. :(

Last edited:
This is from another racing site
From Twitter:
Quote:

Source close to track management puts chance of racing tomorrow at Leopardstown at about 10%. Nicky Richards group cancel travel. :(

I have had a modest few quid at odds against on racing to be on.I g
find the 10per cent comment hard to believe.

2/1 available now -I think that is a fair price -they will move heaven and earth to make sure it goes ahead.

The weather has created a real problem. While saving the Hennessey meeting is key, the Naas meeting yesterday being canned completely and pushing the Gowran meeting back a week causes a lot of issues. For example, if you have a 2m handicap chaser you have to wait three weeks now as the race yest in Naas was placed there to give you another three weeks to the next one. And if you wanted to step up to 2.5m next week at Gowran and then run two weeks later at Navan, that chance is now gone as they pushed Gowran back a week. It's just the knock on effect of putting the big races on.

Back