Leopardstown Sunday

Think On The Bridle meant to post the following:

Have been trawling through that novice chase all week and have been convinced at different times that three horses were decent bets so obviously a no bet race for me. Flat out has been heavily supported for this and the Cheltenham version late this week so that tells it's own tale. Almost convinced myself that Noble Prince could turnaround the firm with Realt Dubh but then the 8/1 dried to 6's on NP so that wouldn't entice me ew. Think Flat Out will have to be decent to beat an on form RD - Market reckons he is!

Somehow you managed to report granger's post and it ended up in the moderator's area!

Maybe not my best ever post but it didn't deserve reporting :)

Odds Tomorrow

Flat out 9/4, Realt Dubh 5/2, Saludos 11/2, Noble Prince 11/2

Hurricane fly 1/2, Solwhit 3/1, Voler le vedette 12/1, Thousand Stars 25/1

Last edited:
Maybe not my best ever post but it didn't deserve reporting :)

Odds Tomorrow

Flat out 9/4, Realt Dubh 5/2, Saludos 11/2, Noble Prince 11/2

Hurricane fly 1/2, Solwhit 3/1, Voler le vedette 12/1, Thousand Stars 25/1

Apologies Granger and Thanks Trackside - thought I had clicked on the post reply button and then it disappeared into the ether!!

If a gun was put to my head and I had to have a bet tomorrow I may have to side with Euphorus in the 81-123 handicap hurdle the 3:50 on the card. It is generally the closest thing to suicide backing in this type of race but there are so many very very exposed types in the race that there cannot be too many lurking! His latest wins were in weaker events but won them both pretty well idling on the run in - he started his streak off 99 runs off 110 tomorrow so he hasn't been badly treated - will probably go off about 9/2 - you could worse things than throw a couple of snoops on him. It looks like a hugely trappy card though so beware!

I think the value bet is Thousand stars to place - I don't expect him to beat H.F. but I see no reason as to why he can't turn the form around with Solwhit & V.L.V. and am hopeful he'll improve for what was effectively his first run of the season L.T.O and only has a few lengths to find.

I think the value bet is Thousand stars to place - I don't expect him to beat H.F. but I see no reason as to why he can't turn the form around with Solwhit & V.L.V. and am hopeful he'll improve for what was effectively his first run of the season L.T.O and only has a few lengths to find.

He has a bit to find on ratings but these small fields can throw up strange results and TS was not that far off them at Punchestown - would better ground suit?

Really looking forward to Leopardstown tomorrow, I really like the look of Realt Dubh, I think the stronger gallop they go the better he will travel. At the Xmas festival he looked a tiny bit out paced over the second last then picked up the bridle and won with a bit in hand despite the fall of Saludos.

Novice hurdle looks a good race also, if Si Cetait Vrai is none the worst from his fall at Naas he should go close. The Bumper looks extremely interesting with two well related newcomers, Mart Lane is a full brother to Western Charmer and Shrapnel a half brother to Weapons Amnesty.

I like the look of What A Charm in the 1:10 – rated 107 on the flat where she won a 21k h’cap for J Oxx over C/D. Was then thrown in at the deep end in a G2, 28K Hurdle on her debut and not disgraced. I’d expect her to improve leaps and bounds for the experience and this 7.5K maiden should prove an easier race.

The last two winners Rites Of Passage and Alexander Severus both won over C/D on the flat before taking this race.

The Race is the Frank Conroy Memorial Hurdle and Frank enjoyed great success with A L T Moore as an owner with Blanc C’est Blanc, Penny Native, Grey Guy and Major Rumpus, so I’m sure the trainer has made every effort to try and win this race with What A Charm. He’s only had one runner in this race before, which is now in it’s 6th year in Frank’s memory, but that was a 66/1 outsider. What A Charm looks to have a serious chance, I’m hoping she’s been plotted up for it.

Because of these facts I’ve had a bet on betfair – good luck if you play.

Really looking forward to Leopardstown tomorrow, I really like the look of Realt Dubh, I think the stronger gallop they go the better he will travel. At the Xmas festival he looked a tiny bit out paced over the second last then picked up the bridle and won with a bit in hand despite the fall of Saludos.

Novice hurdle looks a good race also, if Si Cetait Vrai is none the worst from his fall at Naas he should go close. The Bumper looks extremely interesting with two well related newcomers, Mart Lane is a full brother to Western Charmer and Shrapnel a half brother to Weapons Amnesty.

Wouldn't put you off Realt Dubh - he has it in book and those that finished behind him shouldn't be able to turn the form - Flat Out was rated 143 over hurdles whereas RD already has a mark of 146 over fences. How much can FO improve?

The Byrnes camp fancy their chances with Solwhit, I find it hard to buy into him beating an on song Hurricane Fly, but wel see... However, they do think an awful lot of their bumper horse, and have backed it. Shark Hanlons horse is supposedly useful, schooled recently and impressed, but the boys seemed very sweet on Shrapnel.

OtB

I think RD is improving with every run, and improving steadily, as I said I was very impressed with his last run. FO was a high class hurdler and finishing 10Ls behind Menorah in the Supreme reads very well. However, I would be a little weary of a horse being pitched in at the deep end so quickly in his chasing career.

OtB

I think RD is improving with every run, and improving steadily, as I said I was very impressed with his last run. FO was a high class hurdler and finishing 10Ls behind Menorah in the Supreme reads very well. However, I would be a little weary of a horse being pitched in at the deep end so quickly in his chasing career.

The more I look at this race the more I am inclined to agree with you - anything bigger than 5/2 and he becomes a bet.

The Byrnes camp fancy their chances with Solwhit, I find it hard to buy into him beating an on song Hurricane Fly, but wel see... However, they do think an awful lot of their bumper horse, and have backed it. Shark Hanlons horse is supposedly useful, schooled recently and impressed, but the boys seemed very sweet on Shrapnel.

You have never been posting this early on a Sunday before - watching the cake walk that is Kymer in Dubai. They love that Hanlon horse at home and think he could be the best horse they have had through the stable. Just noticed it after a JD post. On a recent stable tour they were humming about him but wouldn't give out his name!! He has been catching the pidgeons and easily beating them seemingly - the 5/1 with Bet365 won't last long. I would suggest that this is one for the lads in the stable!!The shark could have a huge day today!!

Watched a few holes there, MACHINE.

Heading to Leopardstown now, me and another lad decided to go for the spin. Interesting what you say about the Hanlon horse, I think it was Motherly who schooled on him, but the pilot up today, i dont know. The lads seem to think he is limited enough as a jock...

You have never been posting this early on a Sunday before - watching the cake walk that is Kymer in Dubai. They love that Hanlon horse at home and think he could be the best horse they have had through the stable. Just noticed it after a JD post. On a recent stable tour they were humming about him but wouldn't give out his name!! He has been catching the pidgeons and easily beating them seemingly - the 5/1 with Bet365 won't last long. I would suggest that this is one for the lads in the stable!!The shark could have a huge day today!!

Interesting, nice one OTB..:whistle:

I like the look of What A Charm in the 1:10 – rated 107 on the flat where she won a 21k h’cap for J Oxx over C/D. Was then thrown in at the deep end in a G2, 28K Hurdle on her debut and not disgraced. I’d expect her to improve leaps and bounds for the experience and this 7.5K maiden should prove an easier race.

Because of these facts I’ve had a bet on betfair – good luck if you play.

He was being handicapped unfortunately SC!

Trip is a bit sharp, but he jumps well and is a handy price. I've had a few kopeks on Mr Cracker - front three take too much out of the market, imo.

Back