Leopardstown Today

Guest_

At the Start
Before I head up to meet the others I like the look of...

Alexander Severus in the opening maiden hurdle.

Forpadytheplaster and Golden Silver in the Arkle look the value prices to me.

I think there is much better to come from Major Sensation over fences and I will be watching him closely today though he will probably prefer better ground.

I think Brave Inca will be tough to beat today, though I do note plenty of money for Muirhead this morning.

Hardy Eustace available at 10/1 today i see. The forgotten horse of the race. It will be a slog today and HE is the value at that price. I've had my bit on

Sublimity didnt like the ground at all never jumped or picked up so i wouldnt read to much into this race on him. But inca just fighted so much in this race thought muirhed was the winner comming to the last but got out battled.

10 group 1s now isnt it?

Great win for the connections of Brave Inca. He, Muirhead and River Liane appear to have run similar to when they were 3rd, 4th and 7th last month.

Great stuff for Cantoris all those connected with the horse, not least the trainer - think Allez Petit Luis and Swiftmarc deserve as much credit - without the early pace he wouldn't have won IMO

Brilliant stuff,was screaming him home after the last despite no financial interest.

Safe to say Cantoris was rather chuffed afterwards.

Great to be there, delighted for connections and the horse. Well done Colm Murphy, what a trainer. Who cares if Nicky Henderson is not worried, who cares if Binocular will stuff him at Cheltenham....to get an 11 year old back after injury with such an appetite for racing and to win a huge race like the Irish Champion Hurdle speaks volume for the trainer and the horse. Legend.

I've never see him travel better in a race. At one stage, for a second, I thought he was must be Muirhead he was travelling so well. Well done to Cantoris and co. I just wish he had mentioned the horse was fancied.....

Thanks all, what a great day. When he was injured, many said we were mad to bring him back. I'm sure a few here thought we were pushing the boat out too far. But he would never have been risked if we didn't think he was enjoying it or up to it. And today is the reward. I have never seen Colm cry before.......not even when winning at Cheltenham. He is their pet, he rides him out everyday so it was great that he could win for team Murphy. We are only passengers on the ride......but very happy to be in that position. 10 grade 1s now and we wanted to win that tenth one so we could join the likes of Istabraq, Moscow and Beef or Salmon.

Back