Leopardstown Today

Incredible performance and well done to all concerned, fantastic training performance and equally admirable patience from Cantoris and co! Just gutted I didn't take the 9's that was available a week or so ago even when it was obvious the race would cut up!

I see he's 14's for the Champion Hurdle without Binocular and that looks big

Fantastic stuff for all connected with the horse - the Ballydoyle team would have been proud of the way that race panned out today!

Thanks all, what a great day. When he was injured, many said we were mad to bring him back. I'm sure a few here thought we were pushing the boat out too far. But he would never have been risked if we didn't think he was enjoying it or up to it. And today is the reward. I have never seen Colm cry before.......not even when winning at Cheltenham. He is their pet, he rides him out everyday so it was great that he could win for team Murphy. We are only passengers on the ride......but very happy to be in that position. 10 grade 1s now and we wanted to win that tenth one so we could join the likes of Istabraq, Moscow and Beef or Salmon.

Mojito??!

Isn't it amazing how the 1-2-3 from the 2005 Champion Hurdle have all, 4 seasons later, won Grade 1s?

It was awesome to be there, a day and a race I shall never forget - the parade ring after the race was a madhouse, a fantastic buzz! How the Irish love this horse, quite rightly - we all do - but they have really taken him to their hearts. It's no exaggeration to say he was mobbed coming in - he seemed to have 100 'owners' running beside him LOL

Thank God it rained on the four-runner Arkle and not on Brave Inca's parade!

I got some good pics, if someone will kindly put them up for me I can email a few
I expect Arkers has a good set too!

I'd just like to say briefly a huge thank you to Cantoris and Grey especially, for their superb organisation and their generosity, to An Capell too for being such a charming co-host, and to all the guys there for their good fellowship. I had a wonderful 36 hours!

So Cantoris, how's it feel to own a legend? - a 'public horse'?

I couldn't resist a little bit of W&P this morning on Inca, at huge prices, for the Champion - he seems to be so relishing his racing.

It was great today on atr to watch those heart-stopping moments a few more times, when he and Hardy were head-to-head round the bend, and then when Muirhead came up behind him absolutely cruising and BG never moving a muscle, and all of us - around me at least down on the rail - thought it was going to be over, and the groan came down from the stands ..... and then the Brave one pulled out that bit more for his fans. Never to be forgotten! I didn't shed a tear yesterday, I was too elated, but I've done so today now the full enormity of what we saw has sunk in LOL

PM me your email addy Cantoris, I'll send you some pics.... Shame it was so grey and hazy - you can hardly see the colours of some of the jocks but Ruby managed to keep relatively clean for the cameras!!

Back