Leopardstown Today

Messy race the Ballysax. Murtagh hardly really getting after Mikhael Glinka but he looks the sort to take plenty of organising and could see him looking all over the shop at Epsom. I liked the way Address Unknown shaped, could make into a smart sort.

Who was schooling? If it was Mikhail, he's got 500 lines to complete before hay time. Couldn't even pull that off properly. He was heavily sweated-up - I realise the weather's taken off a bit, but he looked uncomfortable, his head coming up once under any sort of pressure. Not impressed, but PUNCHER CLYNCH looks the real deal for gutsing it out.

His problem looks like he might be a bit thick! (That's the horse, not the adorable JM.)

Nah he was like that on his debut at Galway (nearly threw away his chances) and he was again mulish to load into the stalls today. Type of horse you wouldn't put too much trust in wherever he goes next.

Hard to know what to make of Mikhael Glinka.

He needs a stronger run race which he did not get today and he is a horse that probably needs to be produced late. When he gets to the front he runs all over the place. He was finishing best today and needs further.

Maybe a St Leger horse.

Faranadooney for a bit of each way business in the 5.20. I could not have September Moon @ 1.6x.

Time to lump on Murtagh for the jockey title, 100/1 to pick up a whip ban on todays evidence...

Hyland was mad to take money for Recharge so I got cold feet, dodged a bullet.Famous name scooted away, he has a very round action, has to be a Grp 1 out there for him.

No excuse for Mikhail Glinka, he's slow, as pointed out he was also keen to stick his nose up the arse of anything in front of him. Avoid at all costs.

Snow blizzard was impressive, 3 parts bro to stately home who won that maiden well last year but didn't train on.

Getting annoying the way Murtagh is making f all effort on some of them and no one says Boo......another stinker on September morn.

Pat Martin laid out Sugar baby love perfectly, he is a trainer I follow as he gets plenty of improvement from horses he buys in and places them well. Last to first, a lovely big filly by Verglas she might make a nice broodmare.She's a half sis to smart sweetness herself and moville. One to keep a close eye on.

Gal, have any of the Ballydoyle maiden winners in the last week particularily impressed you> They have had five 3yo colts win maidens in the last ten days. ( African Cat, Rocket Man, Encompassing, Captain James Cook and Snow Blizzard ) I thought myself that Encompassing showed a nice turn of foot to win.

Sheikh - Its been a while since Ive heard Hyland mentioned. Is he still betting from the same pot as Flood snr? What price was he going Recharge?

Gal, have any of the Ballydoyle maiden winners in the last week particularily impressed you> They have had five 3yo colts win maidens in the last ten days. ( African Cat, Rocket Man, Encompassing, Captain James Cook and Snow Blizzard ) I thought myself that Encompassing showed a nice turn of foot to win.

Of them I was most taken with Rocket Man - big scopey sort and that was a really good maiden. Captain Jame Cook did very well against a decent maiden. I don't think Snow Blizzard will amount to that much - he was ridden like a pacemaker today and wouldn't surprise me to know if he was a lead horse or something at home. Encompassing has loads of talented but he looks fair tricky.

Back