Leopardstown Tonight

Guest_

At the Start
Fine card in store tonight, the last race in particular is a cracker with the likes of Profound Beauty, Alandi, Yankee Doodle, Von Jalensky. Fergus McIver is around 16/1 for this and his form with Fame And Glory and Mourayan looks pretty decent now. Has had a nice break and is worth a look at that price I think.

Famous is a non runner so it looks a match between Alshahbaa and Cabaret now in the Silver Flash Stakes while its likely the Viscount Nelson is a group performer in the making and he should be hard to beat in the maiden.

Next weeks card looks even stronger.

1 mile is quite far for a 2 year old at this stage, isn't it?

Yankee Doodle could improve, if you take his last race as coming soon after Ascot.

Even at such a big price, I could not have the ungenuine and probably non-staying Fergus McIver.

Quite interested in Roman Arch back at 10f despite his draw.

I wouldn't label him as ungenuine just yet...think at 16s he is worth a chance. I do not think the other three year olds would have done so well in the Derrinstown and Ballysax trials and he has a decent enough chance of getting the trip imo. In saying that Profound Beauty looked as big as a boat at The Curragh and she still won - bound to be even sharper now.

Profound Beauty for me in the last. Will definitely come on for the first run and looked a horse to follow so anything over 2/1 is value in my book

I remember seeing Cabaret live in the flesh at The Curragh and she really is an unimpressive wirey filly. But that was really impressive and looks to have a tremendous attitude. Could be a filly for the Group 1 at Ascot later in the season.

Not sure having to make the running suited him at all and I would expect him to be much the better for a lead. Mind you I wouldn't have liked to have been on at those prices a furlong out!

Alandi looks a clear cut lay at 2.6 ish in the 9.00 with 9-12 on the back

Very risky, carried 9-11 last time out in G3 company on yielding, caught trouble in running and nearly caught the winner.

Will be very close affair though, gl

Alandi looks a clear cut lay at 2.6 ish in the 9.00 with 9-12 on the back

I'd be inclined to agree.

Not sure Leopardstown will play to his strengths given that he was the first to come under pressure at the Curragh (in a race where looked to go a decent pace). Struggling to see why he should reverse the form tonight, despite the presence of an apparent pacemaker in the line-up.

Even better card tomorrow night..

Fillies maiden sees Roan Inish out after a fine debut behind Cabaret, Ballydoyle has the regally bred Queen Of Troy in it, Weld has Atyaab etc.

Tyros Stakes see Perfect Symmetry out to add to his previous stakes success. Ballydoyle has Murtagh on Cape Blanco but I am very keen on seeing their second string Kingdom Of Munster again. I was really taken by him in a weak event at Tipperary. Harrington runs Miracle Match and she has a dab hand with these flat horses....impressive last time out too.

Casual Conquest should defy his penalty in what look conditions he should handle fine. Beach Bunch might have been a bit flattered last time out in a slowly run race but she is clearly a mare of some talent but hardly enough to trouble the Weld horse.

All the money is pouring on Cape Blanco as if defeat is out of the question. I still like Kingdom Of Munster but clearly Cape Blanco is the preferred.

Pretty impressive Cape Blanco....looks a top prospect.

Kingdom Of Munster looked green and all disorganised from the very off.

Kingdom of Munster had to be scrubbed along in his first race too.

Cape Blanco surely one of the better Ballydoyle two year olds. Interestingly, he is a half brother to a horse called Mr O'Brien a Group winner in the States.

Back