Leopardstown Tonight

Carnage on Betfair in the fillies maiden

Roan of Irish matched at 1.65 beforehand
Queen of Troy matched at 1.35 in running
My mood matched at 1.41 in running
Green Utopia matched at 1.11 in running
Mountain mam matched at 1.07 in running (won)

Roan Inish was really disappointing there with Queen Of Troy hinting at much better to come next time out. After having feck all 2 year old fillys last year O'Brien looks to have some top class types already with more to come.

I thought My Mood had it won but all change in the last half furlong.

Bolger not quite enjoying the success of previous seasons, especially with regard to his juveniles. To be expected I guess!

Casual Conquest looks a clear lay in the 8.00.. a price of 1.66 has to be a joke surely?

On official ratings he can't beat Beach Bunny and the drop back to 10f on quicker ground isn't ideal.

It's hard to take any of tonight's results seriously. There was a huge advantage for any horse whose jockey had the sense to take it wide into the straight and come up the middle to stands side. In the first race, the first half dozen all came up middle to stands side. So did the first two in the fillies maiden, the fillies handicap and in the Meld. The winner of the last also came wide.

The exception to this was the Tyros, in which the small field all stayed on the far side. Cape Blanco won very nicely, but his speed figure probably won't look good, because it will be calculated in relation to horses who came up the straight on better ground.

I must say I liked the way Moon Indigo did the job in the last. He's clearly been a slow developer and needs scrubbing along but if the penny drops I think he could develop into a decent staying performer. He reminds me of Mullins Bay although MB was quicker. I initially thought the Ebor for Moon Indigo (not even sure if he'e entered) but he might not have the legs for that so maybe the Ces. he has a roundy action so wouldn't like to back him on anything other than yielding or worse.

I must say I liked the way Moon Indigo did the job in the last. He's clearly been a slow developer and needs scrubbing along but if the penny drops I think he could develop into a decent staying performer. He reminds me of Mullins Bay although MB was quicker. I initially thought the Ebor for Moon Indigo (not even sure if he'e entered) but he might not have the legs for that so maybe the Ces. he has a roundy action so wouldn't like to back him on anything other than yielding or worse.

Likeable horse but slow as a boat!! Needs two miles.

Very impressive performance from Cape Blanco in the Tyros.

Wasn't taken with him as a particularly scopey sort in the parade ring though - struck me as a compact, not overly big horse; given that his pedigree is an interesting blend of speed and stamina, will be very interesting to see how he progresses.

Wouldn't give up on Roan Inish despite her poor run last night. Good looking tall sort of filly that is surely far better than she showed last night.

Back