leopardstown

fonz

At the Start
This meeting deserves a thread of its own
The 2m grade 1 looks a bit tricky but I suspect Uxizandre may not appreciate the course so Simply Ned has a good chance to reverse the form round here.
Sizing is a legend but rising 13 I think he's had his day
The joker in the pack could be Ballycasey back in trip, Has always looked to have a bit of class about him and this could be his day.

Intriguing race the Dial-A-Bet. One that is not easy to call either. Bright New Dawn is a big enough price to hit the frame.

Hidden Cyclone has a good race in him. Whether tomorrow is the day is another story.
Horrible day there today weatherwise will make going very testing especially with frosty nights forecast.
Stamina will be the order of the day.
I shall be in usual place with Art should anyone like to meet up.

Rancid Dial-a-Bet.

Uxizandre ran like a non-jigger, he's surely not being prepared for the Grand Annual is he?

What's the ground like? I can never get me bonce round the term yielding.

Could be mistaken, but the JP entries seem to suggest that Jezki will have a pacemaker Monday, which would make PP's 6/4 look rather generous.

Ground heavy with soft spots. Very dead after some hurdles.
Horrible with nightly frosts opening up the pores .
Walking home but they went some pace early in Dial a bet chase.
Under pants trophys for winning connections today courtesy of paddy power; racing for change at a new level!

Proper heavy ground should turn this into the kind of test At Fishers Cross needs, and 7/2 looks big, in the circumstances.

Last edited:
The Lexus doesn't look the easiest to call. Own His Own was awful last time but will forgive. Today could suit him better. Fair price.

Bobs Worth's clearly the best horse in the Lexus, but Nicky's always maintained he needs good ground, and couldn't be a bet for me for his first try on heavy.

Nothing convincing for me in the Lexus. Taking a flyer that Henry de Bromhead has turned Home Farm inside out - looked a better animal at Thurles last time out - and has looked a stout stayer in the past and ran with more than a bit of speed there. Fancy win and place prices for me.

I assume Briar Hill hasn't been impressive at home... 7/1 and Walsh is avoiding him?

Apparently he never shows much at home. Had issues due to the injury he picked up. Is just ready to start. The fact Ruby has looked elsewhere would be a concern. Then again he may just be thinking about today rather than ahead.

Bobs Worth's clearly the best horse in the Lexus, but Nicky's always maintained he needs good ground, and couldn't be a bet for me for his first try on heavy.
Tom Segal, in his Weekender item, says he now reckons BW needs it soft as he finds jumping at speed an issue.

Today will tell us.

bobs worth a bad favourite. i was tempted to back road to riches but his best form seems to have come on decent ground. couldn't back windermere away from cheltenham. race to avoid. probably a meeting to avoid in all honesty given the weird results so far. afc also a poor favourite.

Tom Segal, in his Weekender item, says he now reckons BW needs it soft as he finds jumping at speed an issue.

Today will tell us.

he was two G1's on soft..its hardly a great spot by Segal wouldn' think..i don't work for the RP and even i spotted that..does he get paid to pull pearls like this out?

its sft/hvy today though..probably heavy..which isn't soft..its something a whole lot different..so it won't really tell us..but i think its obvious he goes on soft ok

decentish card..i'll have a tenner on each and put em in a yankee to pass the afternoon on

12.20 pack the punch
13.20 sizing codelco
13.50 zaidpour
14.55 road to riches

Last edited:
Back