Letheby And Christopher Chase

firstpastthepost

At the Start
is exotic dancer just a cert in this race? or can Our Vic,Neptune Colonges and others get past the cheltenham expert?

Looks a good bet to me but the price of Evns might make me back Our Vic each way at 5-1

Originally posted by trackside528@Jan 22 2008, 09:34 PM
Are you confident Our Vic will stay the trip in the likely conditions, Bar?
I think he will stay the trip in soft ground all right, however he is a way better horse when running fresh so i think imo that he will play second fiddle to Excotic Dancer ( Like last years race..)

Is the stable form of O'Neill's still a worry for Exotic Dancer followers? Conditions certainly look ideal.

If I owned Our Vic I wouldn't bother with this weekend and keep him fresh for the festival.

I'd like it if they did too - I've had a small e/w on him at 12/1 on the Totesport "without the the top 3" market for the Gold Cup [and a bigger one on Monkerhostin at 25/1 as I'm pretty sure he will run, and can't see him being out of the first 6]

Exotic Dancer seems to run OK once he's got his season going regardless of the form of Jonjo's yard - and as it's Cheltenham would be hard to oppose imo, so for me it's a FCT race - ie hunt the 2nd!

That's true Headstrong, he didn't run like a horse out of form at Kempton, rather a horse not suited to the tactics on the day.

Headstrong, apologies if I am being thick here, but you said "[and a bigger one on Monkerhostin at 25/1 as I'm pretty sure he will run, and can't see him being out of the first 6]"

Do some bookies pay e/w down to the 1st 6 in the gold cup? If so I think I will have some as well.

Several bookies are offering markets on the GC 'without the top 2' and 'without the top 3'
Totesport is offering w/o top 3, which means you get paid out on 4/5/6th place.
There's a thread on it somewhere...

Originally posted by Galileo@Jan 23 2008, 05:40 PM
If I owned Our Vic I wouldn't bother with this weekend and keep him fresh for the festival.
Spot on Galileo i feel the same way..

The Betfair market says Exotic Dancer won't run. It would be nice to hear from the horse's connections on the subject.

By Nick Robson, PA Sport

Connections of Exotic Dancer have ruled the gelding out of Saturday's Letheby And Christopher Chase, placing his participation in the totesport Cheltenham Gold Cup in some doubt.

The eight-year-old, who has finished runner-up to Kauto Star in a Betfair Chase, King George and a Gold Cup, was a short-priced favourite for the traditional Gold Cup prep race that he won 12 months ago.

However, trainer Jonjo O'Neill revealed in a phone call to Barry Simpson, racing manager to the owner, Sir Robert Ogden, that he would have to miss his outing at the weekend.

"He's had a little setback," said Simpson in a statement to PA Sport.

"Jonjo phoned me this morning and told me that he has pulled a little muscle in his hind-quarters and he will not run this weekend.

"We are not sure how serious it is and the vet is due to look at him on Friday morning and I will be present at the yard to hear the diagnosis.

"Once the full extent of the problem is known we will make a further decision and statement then.

"It could be that he has pulled the muscle in his work yesterday, which was absolutely brilliant, or it may be when he was having a roll in the sand pit.

"We didn't know anything about it though until late last night."

The investigation into who was laying him on Betfair will be interesting.

What was that?

There'll be no investigation?

Good chance for Our vic so this weekend and i was going to back him
His price could now be too short for me ...

Anyone know why it's taken Neptune Collonges so long to make an appearance this year? Did he have a setback earlier in the season?

I don't know whether that is a reference to an earlier thread or not Colin!

I would be surprised if one wasn't good enough to beat him and the trainer would have you believe he would want better ground.

That said he is quick, I think he will get the trip (his best chase form is over this trip), I like his chase form in general and he is well weighted on both his RPR and Topspeed ratings.

Crucially I think the head of the market is far from bombproof.

I hope that we are seeing Faasel The Chaser and Faasel The Hurdler are two different 'beasts'.

Back