Lexus Chase

Thoughts on War Of Attrition...thought the jockey was holding on to nothing a long way out. Think if he was a serious contender he would have needed to have finished much closer.

Best round of jumping I have seen ED produce as well. Good to see him race enthusiastically again....right back in the Gold Cup picture.

As much as I love war to bits, I have to agree. He did jump well but looked tired again. Not sure where they wuill send War after this. Obviously still a good horse but not Gold Cup form.

ED does deserve a big one, and today is his day. He made up a lot of ground very easily. Good ride by McCoy. ;)

Shame about Neptune though, would have loved to have seen the end of this race without that fall. Still, it's a jump race and that is what it is all about.

Ruby guilty of the fall for me,
about the final result I think Neptune would have prevailed and is the Gold Cup winner for me this season.

:blink:

Indeed !

Neptune was plainly tiring and Ruby had been niggling him along for some while . Exotic on the other hand was travelling like the horse of old - he hasn't travelled like that since the Betfair Bowl . I think he had Neptune Collonges stone cold.

On the first circuit he was badly interfered with by the loose The Listener too - he was miles behind after that but made imperious progress down the back and as someone else said JOnjo's horses are in proper form again .

Terrific run.

It didn't strike me as a "tired" jump. Neptune was far from finished with. Obviously Exotic Dancer was travelling that bit better at the time but that's the nature of both beasts. I don't see how anyone could say either way with confidence.

Watching it again and NC was not as bad as I thought. The niggling was just to get a big jump out of him.

Still think ED was travelling much the better and was probably the winner but NC was still running a big race on his return to action.

Just back from Lepoardstwon and was on Exotic Dancer. I personally think he would have done NC for toe had NC stayed up anyway. All if and's or buts, haven't seen the race again but that was my initial feeling. Delighted for all involved with ED. The forgotten horse indeed. Twas brilliant!

ED going well with AP on...Neptune starting to be ridden by Walsh...which horse would you back in those circumstances in running?

I thought ruby was just asking NC for a big one on that fence myself didnt think ruby was pushing for any other reason. NC was about 1.80 at the time on betfair.

Could have been - still plenty left in the race for any fitness issues to catch up on NC though.

I wouldn't like to have to rate today's form the way they finished. The RP have been giving WoA ratings in the high 150s since he came back. A 20l defeat should put ED in the high 170s, which is where I thought they'd have Kauto...

is the Lexus likely to put a greater test on a horse than the KG?...we know KS is better than ED as well...its been proven enough...so how can ED get a higher rating than KS who is clearly the better horse

Kauto certainly is a better horse, but that doesn't mean ED couldn't potentially put up a better performance this week - they're just two individual performances out of many. Unless you're the RP and think that Kauto matched his best ever performance when beating Alberta's Run by 8 lengths :)

I think using AR as a pull down on the run could be being simplistic though..no I am not saying he has run his best ever race but tbh honest he absolutely hammered them...look at the distances between the horses at the end

as we have said before there always seems to be one horse that appears to pull races down...when in fact taking that exact rule of thumb isn't what evaluating a run is about...do we rate a race off one horse only?

again..until we see AR run again..we don't know

obviously RP have great faith in AR improving lots

ED going well with AP on...Neptune starting to be ridden by Walsh...which horse would you back in those circumstances in running?

A horse with cheekpieces without a win for a long time or a horse with a good winning strike rate who finds a lot when asked, by the way he was not being pushed at the moment, was just asked by Ruby for a long one when not needed.

Or Ruby improves what he is doing at the moment or Townend will be Mullins jockey next season.

A horse with cheekpieces without a win for a long time or a horse with a good winning strike rate who finds a lot when asked

a good winning strike rate means bugger all when a horse is not match fit...as previous FTO efforts suggested

Back