Licensing and Taxation of Professional Punters on the exchanges

Difficult to answer the question without showing winnings. Since I started this thread I have been trading rather than betting. In that time i'm actually 160 quid down. Not really about plums but more wanting to discuss it with like minded people.

I always find threads like these are always a case of measuring ones plum in public.

Bit harsh, Gearoid. Nick's right about it being hard to explain without going into specific figures - he's hardly claiming to be on Patrick Veitch's level in any case!

Oh, and Gearoid, HOW MUCH HAVE YOU WON/LOST TODAY PLEASE?? :D

LOL! HOW BIG IS YOUR RESERVE BANK... I ll admit I replied without reading all of Nicks comments. My post was harsh but Ive seen these threads a million times before. My advice is keep hitting the withdraw button on Betfair until someone tells you otherwise.

No worries - wasn't having a go at you anyway.

I was surprised to see ATR 15 seconds behind live btw, Nick. Are you sure that's accurate?

Surely one of the first steps is having SIS installed at home. You need a license though, don't you as well as 12k a year (or whatever it is) going spare!

Reserve bank is always required for when staking plans go wrong Gearoid ;)

Or you could park at the side of the course on a race day and do it all over the phone TS. There's quite a few who do IR this way - betting IR off RUK is pointless but the other stuff Nick mentions above is relatively easy if you do it properly.

Trackside, that's a mistype, it's about five although that is a rough guess. Someone may know better.

Backing/Laying horses in running scares the shoite out of me to be honest.

Back