Lincoln handicap

reet hard

Senior Jockey
The Flat season looms large, with qualty cards at Donny, the Curragh and Meydan this Saturday Yippee!:D
Dipped my toe into a/p waters with the first bet in Donny's showpiece.
Notre Belle Bete 12/1 generally.
Won the Lincoln trial at Wolves from a wide draw, from fit horses 1st & 2nd in a Kempton 0-105, quite cosily.
Thought to need the run, predictable ground and the jockey already booked, I can't see him going off any longer.
Bon Voyage. :)

The Flat season looms large, with qualty cards at Donny, the Curragh and Meydan this Saturday Yippee!:D
Dipped my toe into a/p waters with the first bet in Donny's showpiece.
Notre Belle Bete 12/1 generally.
Won the Lincoln trial at Wolves from a wide draw, from fit horses 1st & 2nd in a Kempton 0-105, quite cosily.
Thought to need the run, predictable ground and the jockey already booked, I can't see him going off any longer.
Bon Voyage. :)

Thought there was a spring in your step, reet :) GL for the season.

Notre Belle Bete (12/1 taken) has been put up by Paul Kealy and he makes a strong case for it. It will almost certainly shorten up through the morning as readers of the Weekender multitask with their coffees, croissants and computers. I'm already on.

Orbaan was taken out and Hortzadar doesnt look like making the cut but O'Meara has an interesting one in DARKNESS 12/1 fresh from France.
The one I've now done is
IRISH ADMIRAL 25/1 W.Haggas. ran some decent races last year finally won a race at Redcar where he beat Hortzadar and Scottish summit.DO has put SS up on the longshot thread and because IA and Hortzadar had claimed on Ss is a lot better off but Ss is 9 yrs old.
It almost looks as if they just needed to get a win into Irish admiral to get into this race. Haggis has the fav and has a good record in this with 4yr old.
Just hoping for a good draw.Hortazar ran off 97 last year and finished 3rd from draw 1.so I'm hoping IA gets a better draw than he did.

The Lincoln Handicap one of the best opportunities of the entire flat season to lose your balls.

I think I might have backed Frankincense ( maybe he had top weight?) but in over 50 years only he and Blythe Kning because
he was trained by my old pal John Quinn mean anything to me.

Good luck to all but I'll be surprised if anyone even mentions the winner.

Bah Humbug:lol:

Last edited:
Orbaan was taken out and Hortzadar doesnt look like making the cut but O'Meara has an interesting one in DARKNESS 12/1 fresh from France.
The one I've now done is
IRISH ADMIRAL 25/1 W.Haggas. ran some decent races last year finally won a race at Redcar where he beat Hortzadar and Scottish summit.DO has put SS up on the longshot thread and because IA and Hortzadar had claimed on Ss is a lot better off but Ss is 9 yrs old.
It almost looks as if they just needed to get a win into Irish admiral to get into this race. Haggis has the fav and has a good record in this with 4yr old.
Just hoping for a good draw.Hortazar ran off 97 last year and finished 3rd from draw 1.so I'm hoping IA gets a better draw than he did.
Wm. Haggas trained Ametist was on my short list ,O and I've just noticed C Fallon has been booked, with has to be significant, with others in Dubai.

Last edited:
Wm. Haggas trained Ametist was on my short list ,O and I've just noticed C Fallon has been booked, with has to be significant, with others in Dubai.

That's interesting Reet,looks good.Stevie Donohoe will probably ride the favourite and the claimer Adam Farragher on IA.which he rode when it won.

In the Irish Lincoln I've done two.

FLAMING MOON 33/1 off for 232 days and has had 2 hurdle runs and finished 2nd last time.has been dropped 7lb in the ratings.
BOWERMAN 16/1 won this impressively in 2020 and is 2lb lower,trainer has 4 entered but star of Cashel,5th last year,needs 3 to drop out.
Would have a chance.

GL, Outsider.
Can see our own Lincoln cutting up quite a bit, with many jocks riding at Kempton or Meydan.

Last edited:
Hotzadar makes the cut but I'm wondering when was the last time 86 did so?

It's like back to the old days when the weights went from 10-0 to 7-7.

In the Irish Lincoln I've done two.

FLAMING MOON 33/1 off for 232 days and has had 2 hurdle runs and finished 2nd last time.has been dropped 7lb in the ratings.
BOWERMAN 16/1 won this impressively in 2020 and is 2lb lower,trainer has 4 entered but star of Cashel,5th last year,needs 3 to drop out.
Would have a chance.

Good start FM a NR.
In the last 7 years the winner has been drawn in box 1,3 or 5.
Bowerman is in 4.

All the stats says you should need to be drawn 9 or higher.
Irish admiral drawn 1
The fav of haggas' drawn 2

And low numbers for the irish and Star of cashel drawn 30

All the stats says you should need to be drawn 9 or higher.
Irish admiral drawn 1
The fav of haggas' drawn 2

Whose stats, Outsider?

I'm not into stats/trends but the Weekender trends guy says, "Ignore the draw. Pace and ground determine any bias, with winners having emerged from all over the shop of late."

I usually make a point of backing at least one from each side anyway.

Whose stats, Outsider?

I'm not into stats/trends but the Weekender trends guy says, "Ignore the draw. Pace and ground determine any bias, with winners having emerged from all over the shop of late."

I usually make a point of backing at least one from each side anyway.

Olbg and geegeez. 14/18 drawn 9 or higher.Hortazar ran well for me last year from stall one.i think I will stick to Irish admiral.
The irish Lincoln the last 7 winners have been drawn 1 twice,3 three times and stall 5 twice.

With today's warm sun (about 1/2 hr from track) I doubt there'll be any sft in the straight course going tomorrow. High numbers often favured on such ground but, with plenty of pace low, it's teally in the lap of the gods.

Strange move? Can only think they believe Mujtaba has the better chance, though the other is going blue?

Adam Farragher (apprentice that was due to ride) has broken his foot so surely it makes sense for Fallon to switch onto the better fancied.

Back