List of ungenuine horses

littlelad

At the Start
After muirhead getting beat recieving 5lbs (he is rated 22lbs higher than ebidiyan) I thought we ought to compile a list of ungenuine types

Kennel Hill

I'll beg to differ with you there Ardross, if you are referring to his run last week. If you watch the replay you can clearly see him shying away from the people cheering on the rails at the second-last and last flights.

His trainer said the other day that while he is a bit temperamental, he is best suited by a late run off a strong pace, when he doesn't have time to take fright at bystanders.

He seems willing enough to run on off a strong pace and like most horses has his preferences. I wouldn't condemn a horse for spooking once - only when it becomes a habit.

Fair enough Redhead, but most horses wouldn't virtually pull themselves up because the race isn't run exactly as they like! :p

Does he make a habit of that, Hamm? (I don't follow hurdlers, so don't know his past record.) I only saw that he shied at the last 2 in his most recent race and lost a fair bit of ground at both and wouldn't condemn him just on that evidence.

I don't know whether he makes a habit of it, but any horse who does that falls into the ungenuine category for me.

On at least 2 other occasions Kennel Hill has hung left, see his hunter second at Tipperary last spring and also his effort at Stratford prior to falling.

Most ungenuine horses manage to win when the pace collapses and the leaders stop in front of him. Father Time at Royal Ascot the most high profile example of that.

Paul Carberry......arse up in air......sorry this is a horses thread. I'll go away then :whistle:

Keep it to horses please.

Next for the list, Brave Inca. Throwing his head up in the air and swishing his tail the last time i saw him. At the RDS...

That's not ungenuine, that's being brought up properly: "After you, sir, after you, madam - no, no, please, go ahead... " Good manners just aren't appreciated, it seems.

Kennel Hill is a come from behind horse - he needs something to aim at as he had at Cheltenham and Newbury. On the latter occasion when asked to make all he sulked and dropped out before running on again and was unlucky not to take third.

Think with more patient tactics and probably in a better quality race he'll do just fine :)

Back