Lockinge Stakes

Soumillon has jumped off - Fortune rides .

SC as someone with contacts to connections - why are they running him so soon after the Lockinge if the vibes are negative ?

Soumillon has jumped off - Fortune rides .

SC as someone with contacts to connections - why are they running him so soon after the Lockinge if the vibes are negative ?

They said Ryan Moore was really easy on him once he realised the horse wasn't acting on the ground and he didn't have a hard race so they decided to go to France almost straight after the Lockinge. Hughes & Moore were already committed so they booked Soumillon but there was a late decision about Cirrus Des Aigles running and apparrently, so I'm told although the jockey's never ridden the horse Soumillon had some previous agreement to ride the horse should he run. I think C.D.A. with his course record is worth a small e/way. As for Dick Turpin they were very despondent after the Lockinge as it had been a long term plan and the ground went against him but it would seem the horse has perked up. They are still not confident he will win but they do expect a good run and advised a pace bet on the Pari- Mutuel.

Last edited:
Not only that but they said he didn't handle the ground at Newbury yet it was officially Good at Longchamp on Sunday and anyone who's followed French racing even slightly knows that French going descriptions are always quicker than advertised (and looking at the times, it was Good to Firm). The Hannon's have had plenty of runners in France so they surely knew this too.

Yes I make you both right but out of respect I don't want to dig too deep. I just hope the horse has returned in one piece and will get his ground later in the season.

Back