Pettifour
Whatuthink
Mobaasher
Labelthou
Duc de Regniere
Hills of Aran
Sterling Moll

Any prices available?

Looks a really interesting race....trickyish one to price up as well I would have thought. Some racing this weekend.

I thought Petitfour would be Grasshopper'd type of horse. She has such an engine Lewis Hamilton would not be out of place in the saddle....

The horse clearly has plenty of talent, and it will be interesting to see how he gets on, now he is upped in class. Elusive Dream will still win the Stayers though.

:whistle:

PS. Nice new smilies - when did these pitch-up?

We decided that things had been a little fractious of late on here, and that people like Grasshopper (who has simple needs of course) could be easily distracted if we gave him some new toys to play with:p

I thought Inglis Drever would be a bit shorter than 7/4. Possibly getting on a bit, but he's been kept lightly raced and his Stayers win was arguably a career-best. Has a belting record fresh in this race. Proximity of No Refuge a concern for the Petitfour form, I'd be amazed if Inglis isn't a bit more than 4 lb and 2 1/2 lengths better than his stablemate. Blazing Bailey looked to be going through the motions without the headgear last year and think they'll be saving such aids for bigger days than this after Christmas.

Not saying he will be good enough to win, but I could see Whatuthink running a big race at a price tomorrow. Goes well on soft ground and was a smart novice hurdler in Ireland last year (beat Forpaddytheplasterer among others) and has always looked a stayer in the making.

Pettifour would be popular at 7/1

Well, you certainly know how to spot the value, Gearoid.

For me, the form of that Wetherby race is quite ordinary. If you believe that Pettifour is worth his new Official Rating of 158, then you have to accept that No Refuge (151) was back to his best. I don't. That said, he is obviously open to improvement.

I'm hoping that the ground is testing enough for Labelthou to plod into a place at 20/1. In truth, she is too slow for most these, but they were finishing very tired on the hurdles course yesterday and a gruelling stamina test would play to her strengths.

I'm with you over Labelthou as a lively outsider, Relky baby. The ground has been very tiring, especially on the hurdles course.

Not a happy sight seeing ID pulled up. Didn't look like there was anything obviously physically wrong though?

Inglis Drever may have run last race after injury

INGLIS DREVER may have run his last race after sustaining an injury during his reappearance outing at Newbury on Saturday afternoon.

The three-time Ladbrokes World Hurdle winner was pulled up by Denis O'Regan after going lame soon after the fourth-last flight of the Grade 2 Long Distance Hurdle.

Racecourse vets diagnosed possible soft tissue damage to a hock.

O'Regan said: "It's obviously disappointing but he is coming home in one piece and it would be great if he could race again."

Owner Graham Wylie said: "Maybe he has caught his hind leg on one of the hurdles. We'll wait and see what the vets say and take a decision after that."

Back