Long Walk Hurdle

Complete confusion! I only remember it being in Windsor (or Wincanton as I thought) because I lumped on Baracouda one of the years.

Well I've got it at the back of my mind Windsor was frozen off and the race was switched to Chepstow the following week amongst stories of Doumen accidentally purposely forgetting to enter. I seem to think Drever got injured at Chepstow, and MWDS won? or was it Neptunes Collonges? Or am I joining the list of the befuddled who can't remember correctly?

It is not as bad as thought and it looks like he has sprung a tendon off his hock. But I would think that would mean retirement. meant to be fine in himself and I believe it will be just be a case of strapping him up and taking him home, although I am not 100% certain about that, we will have to wait.

the race wasn't run to suit and was too slow, and he caught his leg on a hurdle.
The vet says it is his hind leg, but Howard thinks it is his front. We will just have to wait and see what the vet's say when they have assessed him and then make a decision about his future.
It is a sad way to end that race and he has had tendon problems in the past.

Last edited:
Todays winner could be a nice horse-he had good novice form with Osana.

My admiration for the most supreme of equine athletes (the staying hurdler) is well documented, and it is a blessed relieve that its taken me as late as nearly December to denounce this bunch of moderate types masquerading as group 1 performers. Mind you I've been denied my annual diatribe against BJK this year of course, so that half explains it.

If you've got a decent staying chaser that can't quite get to the top, then send it hurdling in amongst this assorted much of fraudulant horses and have it lauded to the hilt. Today's time was once again well in keeping with those of a 145 - 150 handicapper.

Why do grade 1 chasers never register the same shitey figures with me that their hurdling counterparts routinely turn out?

Back