Mares Hurdle

Interesting stuff Redhead, esp re Whiteoak. Have to say she was never on my radar til this week

Clearly AP is getting the McCoy-factor here. If that would have been Davy Russell losing in them finishes the thread would have been as long as my arm.

Originally posted by crazyhorse@Mar 17 2008, 07:25 AM
Clearly AP is getting the McCoy-factor here. If that would have been Davy Russell losing in them finishes the thread would have been as long as my arm.
Not from me, Crazyhorse. I tend not to notice the jockeys too much and only really take note when one forms a good relationship with a particular horse. I happen to like the way Davy Russell handles horses, particulary the younger ones who could be ruined by a too-forceful rider early in their career. He makes mistakes, like anyone, and is man enough to admit to them. He also admits to a lack of experience at the very top of the sphere but, with this Festival providing his best book of rides to date, he is steadily rectifiying this.

My comments re McCoy arose from the fact that my boss is an acknowledged expert on equestrian injuries and his concern that despite good healing and overall fitness the physical toll of such an injury and operation might just have left him lacking a few per cent of total fitness. He was allowed to ride because he had demonstrated his physical recovery to be sufficient not to endanger himself, his mounts or his colleagues. However, not even McCoy could have got himself 100% race-fit in the 3 or 4 days that he had before the Festival.

Kathy, Headstrong and I were expressing our doubts, not presenting excuses.

You can call this afertiming if you want but I really thought the mares hurdle would be the in running race of the festival.I laid the field at 1.32 in running -managed to get the first 3 home matched.Also at the off I put up Refinement to back at 44-which was matched before 2 out.If McCoy had got got her up it would have been an amazing result for me.As it was I was fairly happy financially.
I haven't seen the race since Friday but I have doubts about AP's effectiveness in the last 20 yards.

redhead, wasn´t referring to you, kathy and heads, but to the ones not replying, or better to the ones not making any comments about McCoys rides at cheltenham. as I said, with any other given jockey the thread would have been a meter long. I personally never liked McCoy and all the media coverage of him getting fit did my head, and if the rumor Kathy was referring to is only half-true; well, I wouldn´t want to be the owner who had him on board of his horses, let me put it that way. Yet next to nothings´ been said on here, funny, I think.

I agree, Crazyhorse. Perhaps, most people on here thought that AP rode as well as he ever does. shrug:: Personally, I don't think he did especially in light of the comment I then heard on Saturday. It's all about opinions though, isn't it.

Back