Massive long shot!!

trudij

Senior Jockey
If anyone has membership to cheltenham including the festival and for any reason can’t go, please can I buy your car parking from you?

Pretty please... xxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not!
If I can find it. Will dig about this weekend. I stay down during the Festival and walk back or get picked up by our hosts. Other times I have a spot where I park free close to the course and avoid all the queues.
Whilst typing I’ve just found it on top of several other years carpark badges. PM Address and I’ll post it! It says for Red 3 or 4. trust that will do. No charge.
Anyway I wouldn’t like to take my nearly new Ferrari where there might be mud (see Long Shot thread).

Last edited:
Trudi , I pretty sure membership does not include festival parking it has to be bought separately. If I am wrong you are more than welcome to mine.

Trudi , I pretty sure membership does not include festival parking it has to be bought separately. If I am wrong you are more than welcome to mine.

I rang them to ask if I could buy it ( I have a real thing about parking in fields so would much rather pay to do the hard standing!) and they said they don’t sell it separately but I was welcome to upgrade my tickets to membership including the festival ( for another £400!) hence me thinking there might be someone who doesn’t use theirs I could potentially buy them from. Next year I might well do membership, but I’ve still got ROA access to the other meetings there is no point me paying out for it this year. :)

MEMBER BENEFITS

Selected Guest badge days
Complimentary entry to The Festival™ presented by Magners Preview Evening (for memberships including The Festival™)
Parking is included for the whole season, excluding The Festival™ presented by

Last edited:
MEMBER BENEFITS

Selected Guest badge days
Complimentary entry to The Festival[emoji769] presented by Magners Preview Evening (for memberships including The Festival[emoji769])
Parking is included for the whole season, excluding The Festival[emoji769] presented by

No idea then, I was going by what the woman there told me on the phone. ( call me naive but I sort of expect her to know!)

[emoji38][emoji38]

That’s the field - and it’s £15 pre-bought, £25 on the day. Still think that’s a massive con, but we’re having this whole cost conversation in a Facebook group I’m in at the moment - if you know you’re going, why wouldn’t you buy in advance!

Last edited:
Cheltenham are unbelievably greedy. We used to have a Point to Point pre season lunch to meet and greet the National sponsors on an early season race day there but they got so expensive, it’s been shelved. Such a shame as it’s a chance to meet and talk to those sponsors who keep our sport going. And then last year after the National Awards were held there (so the Industry actually uses and pays for handsomely their facilities) the Point to Point Authority wanted to book a room to host a meeting for the Area Secretaries and again the cost was prohibitive. And the PPA is part of the BHA!

I’m staying in Tewkesbury - i don’t want to drive past and then come back [emoji38][emoji38]

The hotel I stayed at last year had a shuttle bus and were quite amiable to people just parking and going on that - I’m sort of tempted to do that except that I’d rather park at the course if I can.

No idea then, I was going by what the woman there told me on the phone. ( call me naive but I sort of expect her to know!)

[emoji38][emoji38]

If you go down the Southam Road heading away from the main entrance, so the course is on your right hand side, and just after you turn right into the big members car park , there is a car park on the left who charges £10 a day. If you are coming in from the other way, so going past the new builds on your left, the small members car park would be on your right, there are loads of houses along there who charge £10 a day, and you get out really quick after racing.

Last edited:
That’s the field - and it’s £15 pre-bought, £25 on the day. Still think that’s a massive con, but we’re having this whole cost conversation in a Facebook group I’m in at the moment - if you know you’re going, why wouldn’t you buy in advance!

See my other post - 'cos it's cheaper not to buy from the racecourse . Even if you buy full membership including the Festival they don't include parking for the Festival, which I think is outrageous.

Back