Master Minded

Bar the Bull

At the Start
I only just got round to seeing the Old Roan now.

Master Minded is one of my favourite horses; I have won well over a grand on two big wins over the years. Although he had excuses, I was disappointed to see him beaten so comprehensively, especially as he was smashed up in the ring.

It put me in mind of his reappearance at Cheltenham when he was beaten by Well Chief. He jumped markedly to the right throughout and just didn't pick up. As you say, there are reasons/excuses and he has always been prone to the odd 'meh' effort. If I were PFN I'd still aim him at the KG, as I think a sharp right-handed three miles on a flat track could be right up his street.

Wants a sguiggle! As has been said, he's prone to efforts that are just poor without any obvious excuse whatsoever. Could be a physical problem, but either way, you'd think twice of ever having a thick wedge on him ever again.

PN has often said that he is a 'difficult horse to train', but I've never got to know what he means by it..mental or physical? Would love to ask him.

Ruby thought he hated the quick ground and needed the run. He is the best jumper of a fence when on song. There's mileage left in him I think.

Back