Matron Stakes

BackHander

At the Start
Given the opposition, is Multiple Grade 1 winner Misty for Me too big at 13/8 for the Matron Stakes? On the downside, she seems to adore the Curragh, although she has won at Longchamps also. I would have thought the uphill finish at Leop would suit. Will the ground be too firm? Is going left handed an issue? If class will out, surely she wins...?

2/1 yesterday. Powers and Bet365 left Midnight Cloud in despite it not being an intended runner. Did not last long. My guess would be slight odds against on Saturday.

Given the opposition, is Multiple Grade 1 winner Misty for Me too big at 13/8 for the Matron Stakes? On the downside, she seems to adore the Curragh, although she has won at Longchamps also. I would have thought the uphill finish at Leop would suit. Will the ground be too firm? Is going left handed an issue? If class will out, surely she wins...?

I'd say the fact that until now she's done all her running in Ireland at the Curragh is by accident more than design. Firm ground might be a concern but they have a good record at Leopardstown of producing nice ground for this meeting.

Pissing down in Tallaght the the last hour. Good for Misty For Me and Famous Name w/o So Yo Think.

It has been pissing it down in Monaghan for 5 hours now and the thunder is starting now, and having looked at the weather for golf reasons tomorrow, Saturday, it looks like this band moves across the countryzc clearing up around dinner. Should mean Dublin gets a good rip of rain all night and most of the morning. As we say here, "it's good wetting rain too".

Couldn't agree more. Last to first in a group 1 round Leopardstown over a mile takes some doing. She made it look easy.

Great day for Weld - The winner of the Kilternan looks a very good horse as well.

I thought they went a tad quick up front and set it up for Emulous. Nice performance all the same, she's clearly very progressive.

Back