Michael Dickinson Gave His Horses Steroids

Originally posted by Headstrong@May 12 2008, 10:56 PM
The trick doesn't necessarily work for flat horses though - look how comparatively poorly Meehan had done since he moved to Manton - which was predicted by a chum Les whose uncle laid down the gallops there. He is adamant they are too stiff for 2 yr olds - they were put in for Derby horses [and he says the place is colder in spring than Barbury Castle :rolleyes: ]
Cahpple-Hyam didn;t too badly there with two years olds, nor Gosden. I just don't think Meehan is in the same league as those two trainers, and the form of his yard is always very difficult to predict.

Having said that, getting a 2 year old fit to run at 5f and 6f doesn't, I presume, take anywhere near as much work as getting Denman fit to win a Gold Cup?

As I understand it, blood doping of racehorses is a non-starter because horses already blood dope themselves.

As flight animals, they need to have an effective mechanism to deliver an instant turbocharger to save themselves from predators. Their spleens have a vastly different order of power to that of humans (a predator species).

To try an enhance this would most probably kill them.

Back