Monday 1st April 2024

yorick

Conditional
It's Easter Monday and certainly enough racing but very little to enthuse about as far as any selections go. I will probably have two bets today, one at Plumpton and a little ew dart thrown at the Irish Grand National.

The 5.25 at Plumpton only has four runners (of course) yet the prices are quite generous bearing that in mind. Firstly, I'm thinking that the 2m here will surely be too sharp for George Moore's Aggagio, a two-miler on the flat who has a soft ground preference. Now, it seems that the ground there will, generally, be good so I'm (dangerously lol) discounting Moore's charge.

All the betting seems to point to El Muchacho at the moment, with that one shortening into favouritism. It's my opinion that he looked like a non-stayer lto when fading into third after looking to be cruising at one point at the end of the back straight. The 2m here will be much more to his liking. This has meant that Toothless has drifted to 11/4 and I think it represents good value. He jumped very nicely on his handicap debut lto at Wincanton on ground which may have been too soft for him. I'm not sure the better ground will suit Pearly Island, though, and the 2m may be a little on the sharp side.

So, to me, this looks to be between El Muchacho and Toothless. I'll plump for Toothless but probably also do a r/fcst the pair.

Toothless - 5.20 Plumpton 11/4 Win

Toothless/Muchacho R/Fcst

That old lottery called the Irish Grand National is here again. As usual, I don't really have a clue, you know but I'll have an ew shy at three and hope I strike lucky.

Favori De Champdu - I like his beating of Sandor Clagane - underexposed. Took 20/1
Cool Survivor - Another who may have more to come, especially at this trip. I'm a big fan of jockey Gainford, too.33/1
Good Time Jonny - How short a price is this on what he's achieved, having been beaten out of site by both Intense Raffles and Nick Rocket? the trip will suit and it looks like he's well fancied. 10/1

So, a two - horse race it turned out to be, sadly not the best outcome for the forecast but the forecast landed nonetheless to provide a return.

I live to fight another day haha. :)

Back