More personal shopping help - Netbooks

davidjohnson

At the Start
I'm off to the States later in the year and don't want to take my full-size laptop. However, there's no way I'll survive 11 full days without any aftertiming from Desert Orchid so I was wondering if some of you experts can advise me on a netbook to buy. Don't have a budget as such, but essentially I will mainly be using it just for internet browsing.

Cheers for your help.

I've got a Samsung NC10, probably a predecessor to that one, they do seem to change models with alarming speed.
I'm quite pleased with it, nice big keys, almost normal size & easy to set up, only problem that I can recall is that it took me a while to figure out how to configure the keyboard so that the @ and # keys were in the right place.
I got mine from Argos and I have been told that they sell them with a slightly inferior battery, if you want the 6 hours that the manufacturers claim you have to buy another battery.

I certainly did, bloody great thing it is as well! If DJ needs it just for email internet access etc. he wouldn't need one, I've only used mine once for loading MS Office.

Bought a laptop instead Walsworth - Curry's Easter offer on Dell's. Looking at buying a netbook for racing trips abroad at some point in the future just unsure when lol

:D

Glad you took my comment in the spirit it was intended. Not always easy getting your point across on the internet in the spirit intended.

Back