Morocco

For God's sake, OCP, you could come to Brighton and loll around doing nothing for 11 days - we have a beach, the sea, the nonstop food and drink, and no possibility at all of being snatched from your ocean hideaway and held to ransom for 10 years!

Germany is a very pleasant place to visit. People are very nice, beer is good, food is excellent and it is not expensive.

Scotland is really nice, too. Savage scenery.

Cornwall is lovely.

Bit harsh krizon but then again have heard that so many times about the cornish.

BTB is right about Germany. Seriously underrated destination. Hamburg is a suprisingly green and spacious city as well as being fascinating. Lubeck is not far and has to be seen. But Berlin is a great destination. Ok liking modern art and 20th century history helps, but its one of those places you have to visit. Would say food is ok rather than brilliant though

Scotlands west coast has to be seen once in a lifetime. What is striking is how varied it is. You have to get out to the islands too

Oddly enough, when i was there in May (good few years back), didnt come across them. But drive some mad i know

Each island seems to have its own feel. must admit Skye did seem to have alot of people that looked the same and more than a few kids with wonky faces and big ears. Was a bit Wicker Man i think

For God's sake, OCP, you could come to Brighton and loll around doing nothing for 11 days - we have a beach, the sea, the nonstop food and drink, and no possibility at all of being snatched from your ocean hideaway and held to ransom for 10 years!
what about the 85* sunshine, the six swimming pools, on the complex, endless food and drink, for £480 for 11 nights!!!!!!

Oddly enough, when i was there in May (good few years back), didnt come across them. But drive some mad i know

Each island seems to have its own feel. must admit Skye did seem to have alot of people that looked the same and more than a few kids with wonky faces and big ears. Was a bit Wicker Man i think

I went to the West Coast of Scotland last May and had no problems with midges, May is the time to visit Scotland imo.

The Isle of Mull is one of the most stunning places I've visited in the world, as is the coast between Mallaig and Kilchoan, fantastic drive.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2011/may/31/marseille-top-10-hotels-bars-restaurants

May go back to Marseille. Then keep Morocco for cooler times. Marseille, I thought, was savage, when I stayed in Aix. Les Calanques must be as beautiful as it gets. Plus, it is a different city in a very big way to every other in France (it was vry amusing to hear the Aix Bourgeoisie say how afraid they were of Marseille (lowest crime rate for any French city).

Germany would be great I'm sure, just not as a singleton. The Back Forest was great when I was young.

Back