Moyglare Stud Stakes Group 1

Indeed, Gal.

Hard to be bullish about anything on the card really. That said, Arctic looks too short at 11/10 in the next. Admittedly the horse hasn't set a foot wrong on either start to date and was visually impressive last time out, but Air Chief Marshall's Phoenix run (on a line through those he beat rather than his proximity to the winner) looks by far the best form on offer here.

Very impressive indeed.

I'm dissapointed you're not racing today, Gal; we really have to make the most of this weather while we have it...

Very impressive indeed.

I'm dissapointed you're not racing today, Gal; we really have to make the most of this weather while we have it...

I was working this morning for a couple of hours and is was pissing rain - I said feck that and headed home rather than head on racing!

First Group One for Powerscourt from only a handful of runners so far this year.

She seemed to outstay the opposition on this occasion but trainer says she is more of a good ground horse. She was probably the least exposed horse today with her win over Cabaret her only run.

She looks like a middle distance horse for next year.

I think th egoing was the most impoertant factor in todays race-I laid Lily but in fairness she will probably be the best horse in the race by a long way.

I'd be a bit concerned about backing her next time out; McDonogh gave her a bit of beating unnecessarily and i would be concerned she may have had too hard a race and could be reluctant next time. I hope she doesn't though because I think she won on merit and really raced with a lot of zest (which is why I was so surprised he hit her so many times).

This shouldn't be construed as an attack on McDonogh or use of the whip, I just worry about two year olds having hard heavy ground races.

The winner would not be one I'd consider for next year. Looked a two yr old type and had a hard race. The owner had a nice filly last year called Marjalina. They got the bottom of her pretty quickly too.

Lillie Langtry was a preposterous price and OK she might turn the winner over on better ground but I would not be too confident of that Termagent looks a pretty smart filly who handles all types of ground .

One programme book change we could really do with is upgrading the Rockfel - it makes no sense that there isn't a championship 7f 2 yo race for fillies at the back end .

Back