My P/L Thread

Jsagar

At the Start
Hi,

I going to create a P/L thread and see how I do. I will try give all my selections detailed reasons to why I am backing them and hopefully I will give you all some decent priced winners :)

4.05 Ludlow

4.05 Ludlow - KNOCKGRAFFON LAD 14/1 ( 1 pt e/w )

This horse has been on my radar for a while now, ever since he finished a unlucky runner up at Towcester last October on Good to firm ground over 2m. He travelled like the winner but one of his rivals fell right in front of him 2 out and it basically stopped him in his tracks, he stayed on well for 2nd but I'm sure if he had a clear round, he would have won. That was off a mark of 97.

He then went to Uttoxeter, again over 2m but the ground was Good to Soft (soft in places) which wasn't ideal ( he needs quick ground ). He ran a cracker and ended up finishing 5th of 16 but that didn't tell the whole story. 3 out he was travelling like the winner and I thought he was going to win by 5+ lengths, he hit the front but idled and was headed approaching the last, unfortunately the horse that headed him fell and again hampered him. He dropped back to 5th after that but he would have placed if it wasn't for that incident. Again that was off of 97.

He then switched back to the flat and won a class 5 handicap on the A/W fairly easily. He followed that win up by running some very creditable races on the flat over this winter and he ran a much better race than the bare result last time out in a very hot class 2 handicap at Lingfield .

He runs off the same mark as he did at Towcester and Uttoxeter (97) but James Banks takes 5lb. He has conditions to suit providing their isn't too much rain and I expect him to run a good race.

You probably need to define whether you're measuring P&L against SP, or some other mechanism. For this type of thread, SP is usually least contentious measure, as it's easily identifiable, and least open to challenge that 'your' price was never available/only laid to ten-pence.

Best of luck with it.

You probably need to define whether you're measuring P&L against SP, or some other mechanism. For this type of thread, SP is usually least contentious measure, as it's easily identifiable, and least open to challenge that 'your' price was never available/only laid to ten-pence.

Best of luck with it.

Given one firm was offering 4 places on the race I'd suggest he just do write ups and not advise bets.

Back