Nassau Stakes

Hamm

At the Start
Blue Square Nassau Stakes
Sponsors bet: 4-1 Midday, 9-2 Dar Re Mi, 6-1 Rainbow View, Reggane, 7-1 Katiyra, 8-1 Spacious, Moneycantbuymelove, Heaven Sent, 12-1 Lush Lashes, 12-1 Barshiba, 16-1 bar

Dar Re Mi looks a cracking bet at 9/2. Admirably consistent, never out of the top 3 in her life and now a Group 1 winner. I'm not sure how Reggane, Rainbow View, Moneycantbuymelove, Heaven Sent and Spacious are so close in the betting to her.

A pretty uninspiring Group 1. Lush Lashes at 12/1 could be interesting as this is her trip, ground and she needs a strong gallop. But would not get too involved.

Dar Re Mi is a good solid horse but very beatable.

Beatable, yes, but by who in this race?

Lush Lashes needs a leap of faith. at 12/1, i'd have a small cover bet on that happening, but not much more. Katiyra the other interesting one at the prices.

Beatable, yes, but by who in this race?

Lush Lashes needs a leap of faith. at 12/1, i'd have a small cover bet on that happening,

It does, but I think there were signs in the Pretty Polly she was coming back and it was the ground as much as anything else that did for her. With Gan Anhras also putting in two poor in June stable form at the time will be key.

If the ground is on the fast side there must be a chance that Rainbow View and Dar Re Mi may not turn up.

You can throw all the form you like it makes no odds to me. Heaven sent is my choice it's as simple as that.

No Dar re mi.

Looking at this race, I think Heaven sent at 8.6 may well be one of my biggest bets of the season. I don't think trip, ground not track will suit Midday, I have given up on Rainbow View some time back, and I think Spacious will be better on a more conventional track. I'm not sure is Katiyra coming over, but regardless she can always be backed later on as she's a similar price.

A pretty uninspiring Group 1. Lush Lashes at 12/1 could be interesting as this is her trip, ground and she needs a strong gallop. But would not get too involved.

Dar Re Mi is a good solid horse but very beatable.

i acutally thinks its a cracking race !!! Barshiba will certainly make the running again, but this is tough, and hope Spacious does well again.

No Dar re mi.

Looking at this race, I think Heaven sent at 8.6 may well be one of my biggest bets of the season.

It's interesting that in a 25 race career she's only ever run over this trip three times. Two of those were on unsuitably soft ground and the third was in this last year. And it could be argued that run was her best ever given the trouble she found in running.

I wouldn't go mad personally and i'd want some place insurance but the front two in the market are well worth taking on.

Just re-watched the Falmouth and it is balls that RV is shorter than HS and Spacious.

Last edited:
I backed Heaven Sent E/W during the week, though this morning rain has significantly dampened my enthusiasm about her prospect's though.

Katiyra struck me as a progressive type of filly that might well go to the very top this year. I was pretty dissapointed with her first time up in the Pretty Polly, though I'd be fairly hopeful of her putting that well behind her today. If she can continue on the upward curve that saw her finish third in the L'Opera (that form goes fairly close to setting the standard IMO) she looks a big price.

I'm not totally convinced that this year's 3yo crop is anything out of the ordinary (or perhaps Sariska might be head and shoulders above the rest) and I would share Hamm's doubts about Midday's ability to handle the track. Having said last year that Rainbow View was the best 2yo I'd ever seen, I'm don't think I'm even qualified to talk about her!

I think High Heeled is great value at the double figure prices. She'll have her ground, 10 furlong is probably her best trip and looks sure to run in race in this ground.

I find it hard to believe Midday will struggle with the track after handling Lingfield and Epsom (twice) perfectly well. The ground and generally awful looking conditions, on the other hand...

Any of them declared with fog lamps?

Lol, can you imagine little police lights on top of there helmets, green casing and pink flashing light for Khallid Abdullah, normal blue casing and blue flashing light for Godolphin :p

The Rainbow View lemmings have arrived on course looking at the market. She is a truly awful awful price at 5/2.

Back