Nassau Stakes

bizarre one to watch with the sea fret..she suddenly went to the front then they all disappeared out of sight..didn't realise they were that far from home when she made her move

Classic generation coming to the fore again. Really delighted for the winner; she was super at Lingfield and unlucky to run into Sariska in the same year.

Fantastic win for Midday but the track doesn't look fair to the non-rail runners today.

Was the ground much worse than when she was third in last year's Falmouth or when second in the Wolferton? You come across as a pocket-talking fool with your unecessary comments about Stoute.

I thought Midday won because she was the best filly, whatever the conditions, something her Oaks run already suggested.

If horses were pulled out for every possible reason it might not win, there would be no runners. Stoute made a tough but right decision for his runner and sport. Does Paula Radcliffe or other sportsmen pull out because of the weather. I don't think so. He didn't doubt the filly would give it her best shot. Midday won fair enough for the race, especially in those conditions and I didn't back her.

It didn't look to me that Heaven Sent would not act on Good to soft ground looking at her form..I tend to leave well alone if that appears to be the case

It didn't look to me that Heaven Sent would not act on Good to soft ground looking at her form

It was softer than that, and it was as much her staying the trip on rain softened ground as acting on it. I'm more annoyed that I missed the race through work. I'd have laid the shite out of Rainbow View.

EC1 - In addition to soft ground it was still raining quite heavily which would give other possible variables e.g if the field was running into the rain etc.

Back