Nassau Stakes

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
Race of the week for me with the Sussex lacking depth but at the moment I'm not fancying anything that strongly. I do want to be against Midday at too short a price though and if pushed would go for Rosanara. Her pedigree screams 12f to me but mile and a half fillies have a good record in this.

Current prices at Betfair:
Midday 3.5
Stacelita 5.1
Rosanara 5.9
Strawberry' 8.2
Rumoush 8.2

I cannot see why Midday shouldn't hose up in this . The worry is they take her out if they think it is like a road as she was jarred up by York .

Yes they were worried after she got stuck in the mud in Ireland . I think extremes of going are the problem for her .

Stacelita will surely detest a track like Goodwood?

What's the reason for this suggestion? Can't say I've seen anything about the way she races to suggest she'd be at any more of a significant disadvantage than any other newcomer to the track.

Like Luke I want to be against Midday here. She had some hard races last year and she was laboured from a long way out at York even if that looks good piece of form conceding weight to Sariska.

Stacelita was about as good as any 3-y-o filly last year and she looks big at 7/2

My memory of her is a big galloping and somewhat awkward type. Could see her getting unbalanced on this track and ground.

Not a fan of 9/4 shots but Stacelita looks a shadow of the filly she was last season and I think Midday is super tough and I think there's possibly a small amount of juice in the price to be honest.

A shadow of the filly of last year? She had a jog round in the D'Ispahan and then hardly came off the bridle when giving weight away all round last time. I certainly think she's done enough to suggest she's as good as she was.

At the price, shes worth backing against the doubts surrounding ground and track i think. There might be a bit of rain anyway too?

The doubts re the track smack of over thinking it to be honest. I've taken 4.8 on Betfair. Solid price.

Last edited:
A shadow of the filly of last year? She had a jog round in the D'Ispahan and then hardly came off the bridle when giving weight away all round last time. I certainly think she's done enough to suggest she's as good as she was.

Hmmm fair point, shadow of the filly was probably an over reaction to be fair. She didn't beat a great deal last time out though. I think the prices have it about right, I'd perhaps have Midday a touch shorter (say 15/8 - 2/1) together with Strawberry and Barshiba. Rosanara looks the most underpriced to me, the three year old fillies just look poor to me, especially on the clock.

If playing Stacelita, I'd love to find some 10/11 on her to beat the other French filly in a match bet.

this could be run at a fast clip - Barshiba/Stacelita/Contradense/Strawberry all like to be near or on the lead....can see Rosanara coming through past tired horses

Laid Midday for a place at 1.75.I believe that she will be available at 3/1 pre race and odds against in place market.

Laid Midday for a place at 1.75.I believe that she will be available at 3/1 pre race and odds against in place market.

Midday could run through these late and grab a place Luke ..if it were a slow race i could see a non place..but think it will be set up for closers

She could well be placed or win after going a decent price in running.I have a modest bet so I am not worried about trading.

Wow -wonder what the in running story was.

Words cannot describe what a revolution being able to keep your IR propositions you make before the race starts is. I backed Stacelita at 5.8 on the machine before the race (how in hell was she the same price as Strawberry...the mind boggles) and laid some back at 2.37. I also had a back of 4.1 matched on Midday.

Current Odds bets Order by Matched Date

Back
Your
Odds
Your
Stake
Your
Profit
Midday 4.1 £20.00 £62.00
Stacelita 5.1 £60.00 £246.00
£80.00
Lay