National Stakes

There is a lot to look forward to in the two year old division this season. Poets Voice and Al Zir will hopefully between them take in the French and Newmarket group 1s, Arcano, Showcasing, Silver Grecian (ran well with a penalty), Chabal, and whatever Ballydoyle horses show up.

Poor decision by Prendergast imo, as 2 races isnt enough and there is really little to be gained other than avoiding defeat. I loved Bolger's attitude when bringing New Approach (it could have been Teofilo even) to Newmarket even though he was established as the best 2 year old, purely because he wanted to ensure his horse was ranked top 2 year old - we need more of that, not what Hannon and Prendergast are doing.

dream ride and race for kingsfort, and thrilled to see him win. we were told about him when he did not even have a name, so been fans from the word go. also good to know that trainer does not overface him this year, and really one to look out for next year, even though I suspect it will be the curragh rather than newmarket, at least thats what we hear from the yard. but some time for his team to ponder.

So, no Dewhurst and no 2000 Guineas? This Prendergast seems to really no how to campaign them!

What is likely to cause a swollen hock? Forgive my ignorance, but the hock is part of the upper rear leg, the part that sticks out? AN seemed to clash rear legs with Senior on his way out of the stalls.

What is likely to cause a swollen hock? Forgive my ignorance, but the hock is part of the upper rear leg, the part that sticks out? AN seemed to clash rear legs with Senior on his way out of the stalls.

Correct on what it is, anything could cause it - from a bad step to a knock.

I loved Bolger's attitude when bringing New Approach (it could have been Teofilo even) to Newmarket even though he was established as the best 2 year old, purely because he wanted to ensure his horse was ranked top 2 year old - we need more of that, not what Hannon and Prendergast are doing.

The first time I have ever heard Hannon being accused of wrapping his horses in cotton wool! :)

Chabal runs next in the Dewhurst. Hopefully Meehan will hype Arcano up as he does with other horses and Chabal and possibly Poet's Voice will be bigger than they should be.

Chabal runs next in the Dewhurst. Hopefully Meehan will hype Arcano up as he does with other horses and Chabal and possibly Poet's Voice will be bigger than they should be.

To be fair Arcano is the best 2 year old this year anything said about him isn't hype but truth.

To be fair to Arcano, he does have the form in the book. Aside from his July Stakes win, he also has a verdict against the Gimcrack winner, and the Morny, where he beat the Coventry winner on his CV. If anything, I think he's gone a little under the radar so far.

To be fair to Arcano, he does have the form in the book. Aside from his July Stakes win, he also has a verdict against the Gimcrack winner, and the Morny, where he beat the Coventry winner on his CV. If anything, I think he's gone a little under the radar so far.

Agreed David, don't know why people just don't rate Arcano maybe they can't get over the fact he beat Canford Cliffs fair and square?

Beats me where they see a better 2yo, maybe I am just thick or something.

Who said I 'can't get over' Arcano beating Canford Cliffs?? I've never mentioned him in any of my posts so i worry as to how you deduced that one.

Yes, he has the form in the book, but for me it's about understanding which horses are most likely to improve, especially as they step up in distance.

The best two year old could be hiding away somewhere with one maiden run to his name but we wouldn't be able to know that.

Trainers will always have the advantage but what we do know and have seen is that Arcano is the best 2yo, whether he'll be the best 3yo? thats up for debate but the question was the best 2yo which he clearly is.

Was Sea The Stars the best 2yo you ever seen? nope.

From Sporting Life

Of Alfred Nobel, who was last in Saturday's National Stakes, the trainer said: "He hurt his hock and there is still some swelling there. He's in some light exercise and it's too early to say if he will have another race this season. But he might."
O'Brien said he hopes to get another run into another highly-touted juvenile, Steinbeck, before the campaign is out.

From Sporting Life

Of Alfred Nobel, who was last in Saturday's National Stakes, the trainer said: "He hurt his hock and there is still some swelling there. He's in some light exercise and it's too early to say if he will have another race this season."

...you read it first on Talking Horses... Cheers Gal!:D

Back