Navan Tomorrow

Must almost be that time of year where I start a thread asking if this is Meade's best team ever.....Aran Concerto, Pandorama etc etc....

A great days racing with nearly every race being of interest. I was impressed with Catch Me today. Aran jumped well in the main althoigh he will be an incredibly short price during the season. Watson is a horse to take on the next day on the basis that he was the most suited by the ground. The bumper winner did it well.

BTW, it was interesting to see Kicking King and Kimberlite Kings brothers doing battle yest in the bumper. They finished a long way clear of the third. We had a look at Kimberlite's brother at the sales but thought he was too big.....just goes to show you!!

I thought Academy Sir Harry showed tremendous attitude today-he was sticky enough early on but he really has the will to win.I would be tempted to back him antepost for the old Sun Alliance Hurdle but its hard to be sure of the target with novice hurdlers.

I'd imagine he'll be aimed at the Ballymore Properties (RSA) Hurdle if he goes to the Festival, Luke. Though he's almost certainly at his best on good ground, it's very difficult to see him having the pace for the Supreme.

I agree that is the logical choice but possibly the worst feeling in racing is having a tasty antepost voucher and listening to a trainer justifying his decision to go for the wrong race.

Am very concerned that none of our Irish Chasers will measure up this year to the Nicholl's Battalion.
His depth in class and numbers seems obscene--- a TTTF LIST of PN horses alone could win .5M---- but how does one know which ones to pick.????

From what ive seen so far this year im more than happy with novice irish chasers.The Drinmore will be as good a trial as anything for a novice race at Cheltenham.

Back