Newbury Friday... is

Oh but you will have £20 towards it... ;)

I'm contemplating going,tho will hang on to see what the weather forecast is before I book the afternoon off work....

The free attendance didn't bother me as I was going as soon as I realised I was off.

Had one of the best days racing I've ever had. Nice course, top atmosphere and some winners.

It was a huge buzz seeing Sprinter Sacre in the flesh but I spent so long drooling over him in the paddock I didn't manage to get to the centre of the course for a close look at him taking a fence like I did for the Denman:

DSC_0033.jpg

The day was rounded off [aftertiming alert] by a surprisingly juicy priced Nick Williams beast [/aftertiming alert]

So even though it took 17 hours to get out of the car park a smashing day all in all.

Took the day off work and felt more at ease with the world than for a long time.

Got off the M4 at 11 30 then took 2 hours to get to the course, missing the first 3 (and best) races. Backed Colour Squadron with gusto and then knew it wasn't my day...

Enjoyed what little I saw, but after 1hr 20 to get away, won't be going back anytime soon.

Can anybody explain the need to start at 12.10?

Took the day off work and felt more at ease with the world than for a long time.

Got off the M4 at 11 30 then took 2 hours to get to the course, missing the first 3 (and best) races. Backed Colour Squadron with gusto and then knew it wasn't my day...

Enjoyed what little I saw, but after 1hr 20 to get away, won't be going back anytime soon.

Can anybody explain the need to start at 12.10?

Yes Channel 4 insisted it had to show some old film from 1957 before Countdown .

It suited me fine because I could watch it during my - somewhat extended - lunch break.

Cracking day but by God the traffic was bad. Took me approximately 45 mins extra to get in, and then over 2 hours just to get on the road proper getting out.

Still a terrific day's racing and saw some mighty fine horse-flesh.

Back