Newcastle going all weather ?

Newcastle is one of the few tracks still with a golden highway, so I would miss the track when the ground rides firm.

The dross keeps the racing calendar going and from a personal point of few , produces my biggest wins.

I would say yes to Catterick no to Newcastle - otherwise ARC would have a virtual monopoly on AW tracks.

Catterick seems suitable to me.Close to other flat racecourses Thirsk and Ripon and holds mostly low grade racing.Desperately in need of a facelift too.
Could do with improving public transport links if it wants to improve attendances.Nearest station is Darlington nearly 20 miles away and bus services from anywhere are virtually non existent.

They've had the plans approved but ultimately it depends on BHA agreement. The latter has indicated that they will only approve one of the tracks (Newcastle or Catterick) not both.

I hope there's some rail draw advantages if it is Newcastle or it will be all down the middle for the straight course,creating more open races unlike the other aw tracks...

As a Geordie and former Newcastle annual members badge holder, I'm deeply saddened. What's happened to the track since Sir Stan's days in charge is painful.

It seems that forumites are simply not reading the thread. This was the planning application to the local authority - the approval of the BHA is required and do not be surprised to see a referral to the competition authorities even if that were to be approved.

I'd expect the BHA to do what ever the bookies tell them to do...so I'd expect another empty AW track to appear. No matter what happens the NH track will still be there.

plenty of empty NH courses as well...that empty..that they let em in free

i'm not a massive fan of hunter chases...but i accept they play their part in the game...certainly wouldn't be calling from them being banned...just because i don't like them

Back