Newmarket Gallop Reports - Early June

Broadway definitely ridden for another day. Relieved he kept her going for 4th, as she was a nice odds against 4 place market on Betfair. One for next time over 7/8f me thinks. Got quite a big bet on Anastasia later on in the last, hope she does the business.

Always annoying when you take 3/1 about a horse and you don't have best odds guaranteed and it hacks up at 11/2. I really don't understand the drift, it's work has been that good, I don't know how anyone associated to the yard couldn't bet it.

Mishari (Andrea Atzeni), Kuiper Belt (Tom Queally), Excellent Sunset (Stevie Donohoe)(Burst Clear) – 7f
- Three nice colts done a strong piece of work this morning but it was Excellent Sunset who was in control at the end of the gallop, going clear by 3L

He's in the 20:30 at Newbury on Thursday 7/1 with Paddy.

Last edited:
Mishari (Andrea Atzeni), Kuiper Belt (Tom Queally), Excellent Sunset (Stevie Donohoe)(Burst Clear) – 7f
- Three nice colts done a strong piece of work this morning but it was Excellent Sunset who was in control at the end of the gallop, going clear by 3L

And FYI Kuiper Belt's in the 4.15 tomorrow

I'm gonna ask one small favour, if people want to ruin prices on horses, kill markets and get horses to shorten so owners stop them and people do their dough, then go ahead back horses the night before racing where you can get didly squat on. Otherwise please use your head and never bet before 11-12 noon the next day when markets take bets. Backing horses the night before and killing owners prices is the reason for so many non triers, if people decide to start pointing out prices the night before on these threads, I'm sorry but I wont post gallops until horses are running later that day. Regards

I'm gonna ask one small favour, if people want to ruin prices on horses, kill markets and get horses to shorten so owners stop them and people do their dough, then go ahead back horses the night before racing where you can get didly squat on. Otherwise please use your head and never bet before 11-12 noon the next day when markets take bets. Backing horses the night before and killing owners prices is the reason for so many non triers, if people decide to start pointing out prices the night before on these threads, I'm sorry but I wont post gallops until horses are running later that day. Regards

I didn't say I'd backed it, just flagged it up and pointed out best current price as a guide.

Anastasia keeps it simple and lands the money :)
She's a good jockey on these lovely money makers, put Seamie on, they're odds on, stick her on get some value.

It's a shame she's not over here riding against Josie, it would be good to have two top class female pilots riding against each other.

You're putting the info on an Internet forum FFS. Wise up.

Great shout Flame, I didn't get best odds either, took 4s in the morning.

Keep them coming. I don't think the talkinghorses forumites would be backing enough to move markets though... Isn't the night before when the owners and the yard get stuck in as that is when horses are first recognised as mispriced? Genuine question

Last edited:
Great shout Flame, I didn't get best odds either, took 4s in the morning.

Keep them coming. I don't think the talkinghorses forumites would be backing enough to move markets though... Isn't the night before when the owners and the yard get stuck in as that is when horses are first recognised as mispriced? Genuine question[/QUOTE]

No, it is when stable lads ring punters and ruin markets, causing owners to get pissed off, and owners telling trainers to stop the horses cause someone nicked their price.
Betting the day before racing is capped to say £50-100 bets or a max win around £500/£1000. Therefore bookmakers take small bets but cut the price considerably. When you see a horse 16s into say 7s the day before, it would have been backed for next to no money. If anyone tells you they get big bets on the day before a race they are either lying or they are such a bad gambler that a bookmaker has set their account to accept all bets.
Before say 12 noon on the day of a race, bookmakers will not take big bets or big liabilities, that is a fact, proper money is late money. The most shrewd punters and connections bet late, you get the most on at the best price. Sadly a lot of people out there think its great to nick prices, doing more damage than good.
You will find 50 bets of £25/50 at max stakes the night before would have a bigger affect on a betting market than say one £1000 bet at 12 noon the next day. Even if it was the same price.

To aid time for some people, here are gallops that are in relation to horses running today that may be of interest.

2.30 Newcastle

Curiosity (Josephine Gordon), Arbalet (James Doyle)(best) - 6f
- Arbalet and Curiosity have both improved since promising debuts and Arbalet went marginally the better here. They are both nice colts and should have no problem winning maidens soon. (23rd June)

4.15 Newcastle

– Three nice colts done a strong piece of work this morning but it was Excellent Sunset who was in control at the end of the gallop, going clear by 3L (24th June)

Kasperenko, Mishari (Steve Donohoe), Kuiper Belt (Tom Queally)(Best) – 7f (17th June)

2.10 Newmarket
Learn By Heart (Georgia Cox), Green Fortune (Liam Jones), Niklaus (Jim Crowley)(Burst Cleat) - 6f
- Three very nice colts worked the Al Bahathri this morning and the once raced Learn By Heart led at a nice pace, he was headed by recent winner Green Fortune but both kept nicely together, unraced Exceed And Excel colt Niklaus however who sat last showed a sprite turn of foot as he quickened 3L clear. He makes his debut on Thursday and is a nice colt. (27th June)

Comprise (Doesn’t show much at home, led), Hart Stopper (Went well, asked to quicken and went 1L up) – 6f - 7th June

- Three nice colts done a strong piece of work this morning but it was Excellent Sunset who was in control at the end of the gallop, going clear by 3L - 24th June

Kasperenko, Mishari (Steve Donohoe), Kuiper Belt (Tom Queally)(Best) – 7f (17th June)

7.25 Newbury
Fabricate worked with a horse on Don Cantillon’s called Hollywood Road over 9f - 3rd June

Excellent Sunset (burst clear) – Light Of Joy – 7f 4th March

- Three nice colts done a strong piece of work this morning but it was Excellent Sunset who was in control at the end of the gallop, going clear by 3L - 24th June

big ty for the info and if you cant be nice say nothing please guys lots of work from flame here given free which i find spot on no more hate please

Last edited:
Back