Newmarket other races

EC1

On a break
A very disappointing Dewhurst is the first thing i note..can't remember not being interested in a Dewhurst but this years 2yo's don't look vintage

In the first race i'm thinking Fulbright looks a decentish bet..ran near a too fast early pace last time which did for his chances..ignore that ..which is easy to do..and he would shorter in the betting by about half as he is joint best in here on the figures

A very disappointing Dewhurst is the first thing i note..can't remember not being interested in a Dewhurst but this years 2yo's don't look vintage

In the first race i'm thinking Fulbright looks a decentish bet..ran near a too fast early pace last time which did for his chances..ignore that ..which is easy to do..and he would shorter in the betting by about half as he is joint best in here on the figures

I thought Arnold Lane was massive at 28s in the first. There's a lot less between the handicappers and group horses below a mile than the betting often suggests and his speed figures look upto running a big race in this. There's no superstar in this and I can see him at least hitting the frame on the ground.

I think this is a serious card today. Getting involved...Libranno in the first would be a good start.

Also like Christoforo Columbo, Galileo Rock, Trade Commissioner and Wachman's filly who's name escapes me.

I like Scintillula, Trading Leather and Quick Wit
all 3 bets for me today

Hurricane Higgins the one in ther Cesarewitch

Dawn Appraoch and Cristoforo no bets but I think will win

cheers Stan

a really smart ride that..took back a bit off the strong pace [41mph] and the horse stays 8f so he knew he could wear the leaders down late..really good

that race should give us a good time marker for the dewhurst..if that race is also run decently

a good placer from you as well

Last edited:
Nice work EC.

Gone with CC in the Middle Park. The ground looks ok for him and on a line through Sir Prancelot he looks overpriced.

cheers

following the tip thread with the value selection i've changed my mind and gone with moohajim..CC also overpriced according to that..so good luck

Last edited:
Might sound like a dumb question, but what is the point of running The Middle Park and Dewhurst on the same day? You have a 6f G1 for 2yos and the next race being a 7f G1 for 2yos.
If the Dewhurst was a 1m or 9f I could see the point.

Might sound like a dumb question, but what is the point of running The Middle Park and Dewhurst on the same day? You have a 6f G1 for 2yos and the next race being a 7f G1 for 2yos.

the difference between 6f & 7f for a 2yo is wider than it would be for mature horses.

I was thinking the same thing, they shouldn't be on the same day.There's no British Gr1 for 2yos over 5f, maybe there should be.

4.40....i'm thinking Trading Leather is a way in front of Eye Of The Storm using Kingdom as a marker..if EOTS is 8/1 here then TL should be 6/4 ish using that line of form

I cannot believe Dawn Approach is still available at 5's for the Guineas after racing yesterday and the confirmation that he will stay with Bolger.

Also, I just cannot understand how a guy like Jim McGrath can comment of Reckless Abandom's chances of getting a mile when he knows so little about his sire. He said he was trained by Bob Baffet and won a race from 6 runs for the Maktoum family, when in fact, he ran 15 times (6 wins) for Lukas and Padua Stables. Very lame effort from Jim there.

I cannot believe Dawn Approach is still available at 5's for the Guineas after racing yesterday and the confirmation that he will stay with Bolger.

Teofilo and Parish Hall never ran again.
New Approach was undone by the fast ground.

Back