NH Stable Tours and NH Previews 2017/2018

Paul Nicholls is looking within the youngest members of his string to find the next Kauto Star, Denman, Master Minded or Big Buck's, the likes of whom are so much harder to buy, he said on Sunday.He is pinning his hopes on three-year-old recruits from France and his best group of novice chasers for many seasons.
He identified Sao, a half-brother to Frodon, a filly called Malaya, who won at Auteuil on her last start, and Risk And Roll, who was third in a juvenile hurdle at the same track, as newcomers to look out for.
But he added: "It's the novice chasers I'm most excited about. We've 25-30 really smart ones. During the summer Black Corton has won three, Alcala five and Bagad Bihoue four. Black Corton and Alcala are both rated over 150. They're the summer ones – the ones we have for the winter should improve on what they've done."

Fayoonagh - very good mare.Schooling very well, out in 3/4 weeks in maiden, aim her for mares hurdle at Down Royal

Apple's Jade - In great form, Lisa O'Neill rides her out. Start in Down Royal,improves for racing. May be better over 3 miles. Only 5

Death Duty - Good horse, didn't travel well to Cheltenham. Soft ground helps him. Shouldn't of run him at Cheltenham

Poli Roi - will make smashing 2.5 to 3m hurdler. Good horse over a trip

Minellafordollars - laid back, likes that he won his Navan bumper like a good horse

Blow By Blow - Cantering way, go hurdling

Samcro - We love him, very laid back. he stays and doesn't lack gears

Mr Lingo - massive scopey horse, looks impressive

Defi Blue - second in p2p2 to flemenshill. 1 or 2 bumpers this year

When pushed he said Samcro looked the class horse of his bumper crop last year

Last edited:
Supreme Racing have some pics up this morning

Faugheen

attachment.php

Min

attachment.php

Attachments

• DK4fngUXoAEQ44g.jpg
    DK4fngUXoAEQ44g.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 162
  • DK4eldqXcAEE7K9.jpg
    DK4eldqXcAEE7K9.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 157
It was at about 11.00 and I think he'd already done his work.

I'd say the recent quotes about the 'stars' are pretty accurate but the majority of the festival horses have only been in for about 8 weeks and, while they are cantering away, they are still a few weeks away from fast work. Douvan and Min looked very well.

He'd just worked when we got there and was being washed down. Looked ok but, as I said, at this time of their preparation all that even stable staff know is that the horse has four legs, eats up and processes it properly.

Back