Nic Coward to leave BHA in spring

What can you tell us about him, SM? I, for one, haven't a clue. (No surprise there, then... )

As long as we don't get some ex-footie manager who thinks all sports are the same, ex-hotel directors who think it's all about Food Fayres and 'festivals', and car salesmen (okay, they may be directors of Audi, but they're still car salesmen) who think racing has to aim at replicating polo's Veuve Clicquot ethos.

Although, come to think of it, a spot of Veuve wouldn't go amiss.

Former Editor of the Racing Post (...I would like to say before your time ;)). In the employ of the Arabs more recently doing something or other.

Is it Alan Byrne from Galway Steve? If so the man has forgotten far more about horse racing than most of us will ever know.

Whether he would be a good fit for the BHA I don't know.

Last edited:
Is it Alan Byrne from Galway Steve? If so the man has forgotten far more about horse racing than most of us will ever know.

Whether he would be a good fit for the BHA I don't know.

...who am I to say either. I just hope they get someone who can do something.

The only thing before my time, Steve dearest, was the Flood! Just turned clickety-click and I can't believe that I wasn't 35 only last week. Tempus more than fugits, it's positively turbo-charged past 50!

The only thing before my time, Steve dearest, was the Flood! Just turned clickety-click and I can't believe that I wasn't 35 only last week. Tempus more than fugits, it's positively turbo-charged past 50!

:) ...tell me about it.

Alan Byrne, formerly of the Post, has been back there as Chief Executive and Editor In Chief ever since MGN sold it to private equity firm FL Partners.

Judhing by the list of following/followers, he appears on twitter as @alanjbyrne, but doesn't seem to find as much time tweet as his colleague @brucemillington.

Last edited:
Back