Nicholls Big Guns

Weren't both Nicholls and Alan King's open days cancelled/postponed due to the atrocious weather that prevailed at the time?

Owners' Days and Open Days aren't the same thing. Hen Knight discontinued her Open Days a couple of years ago but still has a day for owners for example.

Jeez that must have cost him alot then, as he Hired all the gear from the Manor Inn which didn't open that day and he had aload of Booklets made up. Mind you small money to him I suppose.

Paul's was definitely cancelled, due to flooded parking and party areas, on the Friday before the Saturday it was to take place. A complete nightmare for all.

I heard that Alan had similar trouble but I think his went ahead, though not sure.

The booklets that were printed up are being sold for charity from his website - they are worth a look, same as Alan's, £12.00.

Nicholls has an owners day and a press open day.

I wouldn't be especially worried about Denman's condition if it is as reported, and I see no reason why it shouldn't be as reported. It's a fairly easy thing to fix and only a few years ago probably wouldn't even have been detected as a problem, let alone treated as well. I can't really see a reason why this should necessarily mean he won't retain his ability, although there is a small chance of the treatment not being effective.

Last edited:
From IrishRacing.com

Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Denman is due at Rossdales veterinary surgery in Newmarket on Monday, where he is expected to undergo treatment for an irregular heartbeat.
advertisement_img.gif

Trainer Paul Nicholls reported: "All they're doing is examining him ' if they have to do anything corrective they will do it later in the week."

It will be interesting to see how he responds back in training. I do not think he is out of the woods just yet. Sounds like it will be 2009 before he is out.

Might be worth starting a thread on horses who have had wind ops if anyone knows of any others, as the improvement is often remarkable.

Back