Nicholls latest toy throwing episode

You lot are looking for an undercurrent that doesn't exist.

'Having a paddy' is a widely used and accepted term for having a tantrum and has been for as long as I can remember.

In the same article wasn't he whinging about Victor Chandler wanting to turn their chase back into a handicap?

Nicholls said it wouldnt make it "in the least bit more competitive", with Master Minded off top weight and the vast majority of the others out of the handicap.

Er, surely it'd be "more competitive" if Master Minded was carrying almost two stone more than any of his rivals, regardless of whether they were running off their true marks?!

You lot are looking for an undercurrent that doesn't exist.

'Having a paddy' is a widely used and accepted term for having a tantrum and has been for as long as I can remember.

I'd never heard it before. I just wondered about it in the wake of Harry's gaffe.

I've just checked my dictionary. Curiously enough, they say it comes from 'Paddy', "an informal name for an Irishman" yet under 'Paki', they refer to it as British derogatory slang for an immigrant from Pakistan. I wonder if we all started calling Pakistani immigrants 'Bashir', how long it would take for it to be regarded as racist.

Up here, people often call them 'Hamilton', which is also derogatory. I'll leave you to work that one out.

In the same article wasn't he whinging about Victor Chandler wanting to turn their chase back into a handicap?

Nicholls said it wouldnt make it "in the least bit more competitive", with Master Minded off top weight and the vast majority of the others out of the handicap.

Er, surely it'd be "more competitive" if Master Minded was carrying almost two stone more than any of his rivals, regardless of whether they were running off their true marks?!

Yeah it was not the best weekend article from Nicholls thats for sure!

Well done to Paul Murphy for standing up to Nicholls.

Just a shame he didn't mention Rippling Ring...

I've just checked my dictionary. Curiously enough, they say it comes from 'Paddy', "an informal name for an Irishman" yet under 'Paki', they refer to it as British derogatory slang for an immigrant from Pakistan. I wonder if we all started calling Pakistani immigrants 'Bashir', how long it would take for it to be regarded as racist.

I suppose it would come under the same sort of heading as Jock and Taffy. Neither of which are exceptionally offensive IMO. Funny how there isn't one for the English though. Perhaps I could suggest a "Clive"?

I suppose it would come under the same sort of heading as Jock and Taffy. Neither of which are exceptionally offensive IMO. Funny how there isn't one for the English though. Perhaps I could suggest a "Clive"?

It's 'Tommy'

If people want to be offended they will be. Depends a lot on the intent behind the usage of the name also.

Back