Nick Williams

Hamm

At the Start
Great to see him have another good winner.

Some trainer. Is it a case of he wants a relatively small operation or if not, I can imagine he'll get a flood of new owners in the very near future.

Nick and Jane don't want an especially large operation but they are expanding. They ran an advert in the RP recently for a few more owners but they don't seem to really want a massive yard, even though they have plenty of space for extra boxes. It is very much a joint operation in that the pair of them train the horses, not just Nick - and they fit it in around running their accountancy business and bringing up a small daughter as well as their two older children!

Another good winner and open and honest with regards to the horses future - refreshing change.

Very disappointing from Sang Bleu though - hopefully he'll improve with better ground.

I have totally fallen in love with this horse and am looking forward to following his progress. Me Voici; here I am....here he is indeed..grand stamp of a horse!

Like Diamond Harry and James de Vassy this one looks another big chasing type. Certainly a yard that is going places. Such a shame Pistolet Noir was sold out of the yard.
He seems to have rejuvinated L'Aventure as well, who presumably missed the Welsh National through lack of work.

Last edited:
Hard to believe it is the same horse I saw get stuffed on debut at Bangor back in September although I'm not sure it was the strongest renewal of todays' race.

2524941930052064479eJxbjV_fs.jpg

Ground was too quick that day Arkwright and bringing horses along slowy is very much Williams style.

The horse was still very green yesterday and I would expect there is improvement to come. The ground probably stopped Sang Bleu but Me Voici, much like his trainer, is definitely one to follow.

Back