Nina Carberry for Europe

edgt

Senior Jockey
Nina Carberry to contest Euro elections this year according to Racing Post.
She is standing to represent the rural community to try maintain it.
I hope her remit is to continue horse racing and breeding as a rural enterprise.
This could be interesting, pity she is not standing in my constituency as I would canvass for her.
Wishing her all the best; when she puts her mind to something she gives it 100%.

The Racing Post has it wrong, at this stage she is merely seeking a nomination to run, for Fine Gael.

Winning a nomination will be difficult because the FG vote is likely to drop and they already have two sitting MEPs in the constituency who both intend running again.

It turns out that one of the sitting FG MEPs in the Midlands North West constituency, Colm Markey, is standing down, which is good news for Nina.

Last edited:
Nina Carberry to contest Euro elections this year according to Racing Post.
She is standing to represent the rural community to try maintain it.
I hope her remit is to continue horse racing and breeding as a rural enterprise.
This could be interesting, pity she is not standing in my constituency as I would canvass for her.
Wishing her all the best; when she puts her mind to something she gives it 100%.

you are a blueshirt ed

Ivan Yates said on RTE last night that we could see up to 50 independents elected at the next election.I don't think it will be as many as that but I think we will see a seismic change in the political landscape.

A month ago he said Sinn Fein would win an overall majority. Wonder what next month holds for us from the wise one?

you are a blueshirt ed

Afraid not but Nina could easily convert me.
I went to Dr Garret Fitzgerald's lying in state at The Mansion House the evening Roderick O Connor won the Irish 2000 Gns, mainly on behalf of a FG client of mine who was fighting cancer at the time.
Anyways when I told her after of my mission she hugged me and said " I knew we'd convert you , eventually "

Nina can expect a baptism of fire with the horse slaughter/ fake microchip identity fiasco.
Hope she can get Coolmore, JP and co to sponsor a dedicated horse retirement/retraining/ end of life facility.
Overproduction is the problem that needs to be tackled.
The other dishonesties are a legal matter; as a neighbour once said " A lock is only designed to keep an honest person out ".

Nina can expect a baptism of fire with the horse slaughter/ fake microchip identity fiasco.
Hope she can get Coolmore, JP and co to sponsor a dedicated horse retirement/retraining/ end of life facility.
Overproduction is the problem that needs to be tackled.
The other dishonesties are a legal matter; as a neighbour once said " A lock is only designed to keep an honest person out ".
The dept of Agriculture would be a better starting point for a cull.

Back