Noland

Flame

At the Start
God I hope Kempton is on today, if it is I will be going. I absolutely love Noland, he is just the most gorgeous horse in the world, he looks to have a great winning chance as well :)

Be good to see him back, and racing on, and there are some very nice horses running throughout the card. He must surely be a huge lay at 2.68 though?

I know he's been off for a long time but what is there to get anywhere near him if he runs half as well as previously?

I thought 2 miles would be too sharp for him over hurdles. I think this is a whole new sphere, and the bookies are in a difficult position. One thing I am sure of is that Noland will struggle to run within 2 stone of his rating in these conditions and after such a break.

Why are you so sure, Hamm? We all know Nicholls can bring them back - Taranis being the shining example. What is your problem with conditions as well?

My thinking is probably just skewed by my love of this horse.

Polytrack, no hurdles or fences, a long break and the strong feeling he needs quite a bit further than 2 miles (and that's when there are hurdles/fences in the way).

Cheers DJ - that's in line with my thinking as well. I may just lay Noland if he gets any shorter as the polytrack could bring about some strange results for these NH horses.

Edited to say I missed the boat re Noland - 3.5 to lay now.

Last edited:
I will never ever forget Noland winning the supreme novices - My first time at cheltenham and kicked off what ended up being a very good day for me.

How he won that race I will never know.

He was second I see. Well done to those who thought he was a lay, but that wasn't me. I didn't back him either, nor did I see the race. Was he beaten far? Hopefully a nice prep for much bigger things to come.

I will never forget his Supreme win either, Aragorn, probably my favourite ever race.

Encouraging run. Plenty of use made of him but sitting duck for stablemate from long way out. Beaten a length or so but Pepe Simo did it cosily.

Stem cell treatment, along with Neptune Collonges. Was today a pipe openener for the King George?

I will never ever forget Noland winning the supreme novices - My first time at cheltenham and kicked off what ended up being a very good day for me.

Having backed Straw Bear at I think 14s or 16s neither do I :mad:

I'll never forget it either. A friend and I were split on who to back, they loved Straw Bear, me Noland. So we did a big exacta and each backed their favourite. Towards the end of the race I'd given up hope for Noland. We were crushed on the rail and I fancied a consolation drink so I tore up my betting slip, threw it on the ground and turned away towards the stands. Only to hear everyone start yelling and just see Noland nip up the hill.

After scrambling about under people's feet to reclaim my slip I saw a very tired looking jockey go by. The bookie took my tattered into 4 pieces ticket. Very funny ....

Back