Novice chasers 2014/15

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
My Tent or Yours is gonna see a fence or two schooling before too long.

This worries me a tad as I have a very nice position on Josses Hill for the Arkle.

I like this thread

If everything is well with Un Atout he always looked a real chaser in the making

Nicky Richards Duke Of Navan could be a dark horse for the season too

Vautour has Arkle winner written all over him.

Ptit Zig is another I'm looking forward to seeing.

Should really give Un De Sceaux a mention too......the Moriarty will be some race if both he and TTT make it.

UDS looks built to jump fences, and would be more exposed over hurdles than either of Vautour or Faugheen, and is therefore the logical candidate of the three to send over fences......though this is just my opinion, and I honestly don't know what the plan is with him.

Last edited:
A quick scan of oddschecker from about June onwards would show that chasing appears to be his game now

Throwing my own dark horse into the mix, one I think who could be a good horse is Le Vent d'antan

On BF, UDS is weak in the CH and stronger in the Arkle. Bit of a shame as I woundered how far he'd get over hurdles but at the same time, a very exciting chaser in the making.

Anybody know if Red Sherlock is set to go chasing? He appears to have slipped under the radar.

Nearly all the Gigginstown horses are bought as potential chasers so ,apart from Un Atout, it's worth keeping an eye out for Rule The World, Dom Poli and Very Wood.

On BF, UDS is weak in the CH and stronger in the Arkle. Bit of a shame as I woundered how far he'd get over hurdles but at the same time, a very exciting chaser in the making.

Anybody know if Red Sherlock is set to go chasing? He appears to have slipped under the radar.

Would imagine a definite chaser BH

Would love to see The Tullow Tank go to the top over fences - he certainly looks to have the ability but Mullins in the saddle is a huge negative for me.

Martin

Back