Novice Chasers 2015/16

I want an independent judicial ******* enquiry into what happen with Zabana.
Until that happens, Davy AND the starter are both unprofessional, incompetent, useless, fuckwits. :)

It's an 8/1 winner missed.

Last edited:
I want an independent judicial ******* enquiry into what happen with Zabana.
Until that happens, Davy AND the starter are both unprofessional incompetent, useless, fuckwits.

It does look like they were both a bit to blame. Russell shouldn't have assumed they were going to take a turn but surely the starter could see he was doing so when he let them go.

Technically the starter is clearly more to blame. Strictly speaking there was no excuse for letting them go.
But it happened in real time not slow motion, and from a jockeys point of view, he was taking things for granted.
Thankfully I only bet small stakes and for fun.

Last edited:
Henryville has improved with every run from day one but this is by far his toughest test to date.

No denying Bristol de Mai has had some tough races this season but he seems to thrive on it.

Can't see any reason to oppose as NTD rarely over runs a horse and must think he's still ok as you say.

Can't see any reason to oppose as NTD rarely over runs a horse and must think he's still ok as you say.

:blink:

I'm glad you used the word "Rarely" mate.

Young Hustler (who raced 65 times in total) was having his 15th race of his novice campaign when a well beaten short priced favourite at Aintree.

Maybe grossly unfair of me to selectively pick that one but "NTD" and "light campaign" aren't something I'd ever put together. That said, I haven't looked at the race yet and to be fair he certainly doesn't appear to have over raced Bristol De Mai who looked as willing as ever at Cheltenham LTO.

Suppose I highlighted it because Bristol de Mai is only 5 and has the potential to be top class long term, so thought they may mind him

As you both point out though, showed no signs of fatigue at the festival and it didn’t do Young Hustler any harm so hope NTD is right to run him

Back