Novice Chasers 2016/2017

I'm not sure Grassy. I reckon he's a horse that runs with choke out. Doing that too often over three miles soon gets to the bottom of a horse. I reckon he was beaten by having a tough race in his Cheltenham prep.

Two and half over fences looks perfect for him, and the Jewson as a target is probably more likely than the RSA in his novice season.

Agree on his running-style, and I don't particularly like my novice-chasers that head-strong. He also hangs all over the racecourse, when he is under pressure.

There were no excuses at Cheltenham, imo. He was beaten fair-and-square, and the reason he had a hard-race in his prep, was because he wasn't much better than the opposition that day!

He is one I will be looking to oppose at the right price.

oh luvly jubbly - my favourite thread of the year

Cole Harden is conformed as going chasing

Who else is confirmed do we know?

Last edited:
Two and half over fences looks perfect for him, and the Jewson as a target is probably more likely than the RSA in his novice season.

He's a stayer. My one worry about this horse is that his trainer will **** about with him too much, not to Mccain/Peddlers Cross levels maybe, but enough to make me want to kill him.

I'd love to know which way there going with Altior, There was talk last season of him being schooled over fences
I'd give him a crack at the CH for a year, Fences can wait.

He's a stayer. My one worry about this horse is that his trainer will **** about with him too much, not to Mccain/Peddlers Cross levels maybe, but enough to make me want to kill him.

From the limited times I've seen him speak Ben Pauling definetly looks like a man with his head screwed on.

Hopefully.

With Faugheen coming off injury surely they have to give Altior a shot at the Champion Hurdle.

As well as Barters Hill I have backed Buveur D'air for the Arkle. Unlike Willie if Henderson has a nice novice chaser

in this mold he will aim him at the Arkle almost always.

Time and again we see what a stamina test the RSA is an Unowhatimeanharry has that in abundance. 25/1 is too big as I can't see the current sort priced jolly (Thistlecrack) running in this. He'll either go Gold Cup route or stick to hurdles.

Lac Fontana grade one winning hurdler who missed last season through injury goes novice chasing, should be back before Christmas.

I really like the prospects of Emerging Force of Harry Whittingdon's this year, i think he will be a fair staying chaser in time.

Looks way too exposed to me.

The Arkle and to a lesser extent, the JLT are farmed by sexy, unexposed types. To the contrary the RSA is often won by this sort of horse and while you'll get the odd exception such as Bobs Worth, Unowhatimeanharry has at least done something the likes of Bostons Angel, O'Faolains Boy and Blaklion couldn't by winning the spud race the previous year.

Not sure the eventual winner would have even made the frame in the Bartlett if Shantou Village hadn't been kicked into, Gangster had retained a full quota of shoes and poor old Long Dog hadn't met with freak tragedy.

I'll certainly be tracking where Shantou is aimed during the forthcoming months.

Altior was a pretty handy winner of the Supreme, any way I look at it. It would be a shame if he wasn't allowed a crack at the Champion - he has plenty time on his side for chasing yet.

Altior was a pretty handy winner of the Supreme, any way I look at it. It would be a shame if he wasn't allowed a crack at the Champion - he has plenty time on his side for chasing yet.

i would have to agree with that Grasshopper there always seems a mad rush to get horses chasing, i would like to the horse be given some more time over hurdles

I have high hopes for Barters Hill. Reckon he's tough as and don't think he was 100% at the Festival

Agree Min lacks scope for chasing

Buveur D'Air is exciting and also hoping Different Gravey is jumping fences this season

Back