Novice Chasers 2016/2017

Awesome performance from Mite Bite there. To my eye that looked an incredible pace they set and to still be able to pull himself up, prick his ears and then get back up he must be some animal.
Would love to see the sectionals as I know eyes can deceive but would be very surprised if that wasn't a brutal pace.

Awesome performance from Mite Bite there. To my eye that looked an incredible pace they set and to still be able to pull himself up, prick his ears and then get back up he must be some animal.
Would love to see the sectionals as I know eyes can deceive but would be very surprised if that wasn't a brutal pace.

Agreed. If we were waiting for a standout performance this week I think we've just seen it, apart from that silliness after the last!

The winner must be some horse to get back up after looking out on his feet though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he can learn to relax a bit and travel a little bit more conservatively, he will be some animal against the older horses. He jumps like a Champion Chaser, he's like lightning over the fences.

Absolutely.

Acapella Bourgeois tried to lead and do what he did at Navan. Even if impossible to happen on the ground, he couldnt go quick enough to get past the winner.

Was interesting after that performance to see how quick McCoy et al dismissed him as a Gold Cup candidate and more one for the King George. Cant really see the reasoning.

I know its ignoring quirks but a moral 25l winner of a feltham and the same again in a Sun Alliance....not sure Thistlecrack would be odds on against him at this stage.

Hopefully he recovers from the effort, might be best to rough him off for the season.

Acapella will never be the same again

A nice career thwarted by running on quick ground

Quite. I was hoping all morning that he'd be withdrawn. Any other meeting and I'm sure they would have

Just read Stopwatchracing's report on Twitter. Might Bite was faster than Altior from Altior's 3rd fence and 3 out. He was also faster than Special Tiara from 2 out to the line.

Yes you have to allow for ground differences for the first comparison but it's still frighteningly good.

thought he'd win by a distance after winging the 2nd last but he likes his idling

Last edited:
2016 'He'll win the Arkle with his mouth open'

2017 'He's a Gold Cup horse'

It's started already for next year!

Think that sorts it that he is a stayer rather than a speed horse.

When he jumped up it looked like he'd win plenty but just done enough.

His jumping looked straighter. Not Vautour mouth open stuff but I'd sure like to own him

Some performance from Great Field again.

If they can harness that energy, he could be some horse next season. Still find it a bit odd that he wasn't part of Mullins Cheltenham party, tbh. Maybe they don't think he acts on the track, after he disappointed in the County last season.

Last edited:
Back