Nunthorpe

Borderlescott recorded a speed figure of 121 on my reckoning today..breaking the course record is really a meaningless stat taken in isolation.

Lush Lashes recorded a 119

EarlsMedic is capable of winning in higher class than today after running a speed figure way in advance of his OHR

I would have thought Sakhee's was a better horse at 6f than todays test

He smashed the track record and is clearly a damn good horse who has improved for a really strong run race at 5f against Group horses ~ what it does show is that sprinting is simply a very unpredictable pursuit.

What it shows is that the sprinting division is abysmal. I didn`t have a bet today and that`s the reason why - it`s a lottery. The track record is beyond irrelevent. What other 5f races are run on the July Course?

Last edited:
I'll second that. I can think of several very good trainers who don't get many chances, and quite a few poor trainers who nevertheless seem to get a lot of good horses. I'm afraid the good old British class system has a lot to do with this! - as does fashion etc, and having a 'grand' yard
Also location is a major factor, as it is in any business.

i never said that...you just did David

the point is..they keep running the horse over 5f when it needs 6...so any other reason for losing is just adding to the list without addressing the fact that they have made a complete balls up of race planning for the horse...a fact that seems to have gone unmentioned

Back