Old Roan Chase

Hopefully someone will put the same gun to Sam Thomas' head soon.

I'm probably talking from the bottom of a very deep pocket, but he didn't look like he helped the usually fluent Tartak today. Possibly his poor jumping was ground related, but ST didn't look to do a very good job of presenting him at the fences, to my wholly untrained eye.

Sam Thomas is mostly incapable of presenting anything at a fence; he sits there and hopes for the best.

Missed the racing today - I had something much more important to do :D - but I am so happy Monets Garden won, love the old horse and how nice it is to see the Richards having another lovely grey..

I will see what I can find out re: Tidal Bay

Was Tidal Bay okay afterwards as it was mentioned by the Beeb he was having to be attended to in the unsaddling enclosure as he had finished distressed?

I read on Teletex (probably not the most reliable source) that TB had ''spasms'' after the race, was looked at by the vets and seem to recover ok afterwards. Haven't heard anything further.

thrilled to bits for monets, and can only agree on comments a) on tidal bay and b) sam thomas. shadz said it all about the latter, and never liked the way TB jumped, right from the first fence. he carrys his head awkward and most def. looks like something does bother him. on the other hand there isnt a finer jumper than monets in the game when conditions are right for him, just a shame that he is such a softie and sulks when away from home. (not saying he is in the same class as kauto etc., but pure jumpingwise he certainly is right at the top imo.)

Back